Post your best diving tips!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avpro4:
To protect the silky lining of your wetsuit, buy a small piece of cotton felt at a fabric store and cut it to fit over the velcro hooks on the neck seal. Stays put well enough to prevent the velcro from scuffing up the silk while dressing; yet easy to remove and small enough to tuck into your sleeve from where it can be retrieved for reapplication before you take off the suit.
that is a good one, and simple

here's one walter gave me - *after* i really needed it...but that's not his fault! if you don't have enough air in your lungs to purge a reg, make 'clicks' with your tongue until it clears.

my second tip is - dive. dive anywhere & everywhere. dive in the local boring quarry or lake or ditch or whatever. practice everything. go for zen, shoot for perfection, try new stuff, all of it. many folks spend the first several dives of an expensive dive vacation working out a lot of bugs, but by diving frequently, you'll have a very short list of issues in new places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio
- panty to put on the wet suit, even on the arms (don't be affraid of looking ridiculous!).

Translation please.

Walter.......LOL

Stu S.:
Before you pack your gear bag, lay out everything on the floor in the shape of a diver. By looking over the "diver" you made, you are less likely to forget anything.
I've done this many times :)

Walter:
Your suit is too tight. A properly fitting suit doesn't require such measures.

I don't think so, I can put it without the pantyhose to and it's confortable, it is jut faster and easier like this.
There has already been a thread about the "torture" of putting the suit on.

If your wife won't let you have her pantyhose try using a palstic shopping bag it works perfect for donning a wet suit and is useful to hold your shirt etc. while diving and you won't have to explain where the pantyhose came from. The kind you get at the grocery store or Wal-mart when checking out.

never date where you dive

Soak your wetsuit in the bathtub with some listerine so it doesn't start smelling funky.

Put 2 small mints (like Eclipse), under your tongue on the sides near the back: totally prevents dry mouth.

highlandfarmwv:
Put 2 small mints (like Eclipse), under your tongue on the sides near the back: totally prevents dry mouth.
I've often heard of people who use mints while diving, but never knew how to use them without choking. And sometimes, the only way for me to equalize is to swallow, but its so damn hard with the dry mouth. GRAZIE for this tip.

Back
Top Bottom