Possibly off to Balmorhea - may need dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eieio_24

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am trying to plan a possible trip to Balmorhea on October 23, 24, 24. Hovever, I have encountered a problem. A friend who was going to go and possibly dive is not certified and the Balmorhea State Park website says they check for c-cards. So, I was wondering if anyone else is going to be there those days and would be diving. I'd also like to log a night dive while there... One other thing - I have yet to dive there and have 7 tanks. I also saw on the website there are airfills available at a nearby shop, The Oasis - does anyone know if it's an ok place to obtain quaility air or if they are still open...

In addition to this, is there anyone that is an instructor who might be able to do a quick certification for my friend between now and those above dates, and do it for a cheap price - he doesn't really have the money or time to do it through a dive shop and would really like to pay it out to someone if that would be possible - unless the price was within his means... Thanks ...

5 Star Divers out of El Paso is going to be doing an open water class at Balmorhea that weekend. If your friend can get the book and pool sessions done we can do referral dives that weekend and you would of course be welcome to tag along and dive.
There is a dive shop there but it is not always open, never have had heard of anyone having problems with air quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom