Portwashington,Wi Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brad, Jim, and others... I stumbled on this string late, but I found it very interesting. I have dove many of the wrecks that you are discussing here. I am especially impressed with the Allen and Pitz pictures. These are great dives, but I have not invested the time and money into a camera set-up yet. It is especially great to see the pictures in my mind, on the computer. I think you know what I mean. The Allen is one of my favorite wrecks, I dove it quite a few times this year. On day early in September I was on the Allen, went over the bow and stood on the lake bottom, off the port bow side and looked up. The vis was fantastic. I could see the front of the ship all the way up to the top of the mast, standing above me silhouetted by the sunlight coming down from above. Now that would be a a picture......

It might be a little late to get out this year, but if you are interested in maybe we could get hooked up a couple of times next year. Some of the Port Washington dives would be new to me and sound great. Northener, Byron, Advance, Niagara...... I want to dive them all :D Sounds like an obsession.....Yup probably :14:

Take Care

Hi Dennis,
Jim = Swimjim was over last night loading some photo suite thing on my computer and I did tell him that of this years mass dives that we have done and the wrecks like the Byron,and all the others that the W.B. Allen was the one that stands out! He told me of the look on my face as the first time we came down on the Midships Mast and the line=Mooring ended and it was just mast to her deck! That had to be a sweet shot on the lake floor looking up on her bow! Cool.

Wow 165' deep air,not much BT and Great vis if you got on her prior to the other charters,Jim had floods on strobe unit,but as always some great shots on that Nikonos!! My cheap camera case would have blown up at 100' so he gets all the credit for some Great LakeMichigan shots!
And You are welcome to join us on our dives any time! we still plan a dive this weekend if the weather works ,work yes that gets in the way of some of our dives too!
Dive safe,
Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom