Portable CO monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oops misread sorry

LOL iztok! Yes that is a very sweet price!! Will have a word with the Analox webmaster! End user pricing will be published on Monday and to answer your question...yes yes yes, we will have DEMA specials! (just can't publish them here). Come se me at Booth 1448!

I won't be at DEMA as I am not yet professional (working on my DM). I'll let owner of my LDS know yo stop by (she is your dealer as well - Aquatic Pleasures from Kings Mountain, NC).

Dear Divers,

Analox Sensor Technology will launch the EII CO at DEMA 2010 and no units will be available for delivery prior to November 17th, 2010.

I know I have a couple of folks on this thread who are leaving on trips this week. Divers, I just couldn't get you covered until DEMA opens. Trust me, it wasn't for lack of trying!

Last edited:
Patti,

Any hints on the possible method(s) of calibration available for this new monitor?

We are trying to plan on how many units to order, but would need to know if the end user can calibrate the unit presumably with 10 ppm CO calgas?

Thanks.

Hi swamp diver!

Thanks for your questions. We will be selling the EII CO with an optional Bump Kit, 4 ltr 50ppm CO / Balance air. We have a unique Bump kit which is exempt from HAZMAT shipping requirements (and exempt from the usual $25.00 HAZMAT fee passed on to customers). The Bump kit will be inexpensive, but currently I can’t quote pricing.

As with any CO monitor, we will recommend you Bump the unit prior to testing. If you are going on a trip, I would recommend Bumping the unit prior to your trip, then leave the bump gas at home.

We will also sell a full calibration kit , also 50ppm CO/Balance Air and will recommend annual calibration to correct drift. We will also offer a calibration service to those who don't want to purchase a cal kit. Both kits have been sourced and pricing is being developed.

Ok, 4 liters sounds small but would serve the typical diver for many trips. Super than you can ship without the extra fees charged on larger tanks. :thumb: This is looking great. I'm sure that you are challenged to get all the info to us quickly and accurately as well as prepare to the DEMA zoo. (gawd I can't believe they moved it to Sin City! :silly: ) Thanks so much.

Hi swamp diver!

Thanks for your questions. We will be selling the EII CO with an optional Bump Kit, 4 ltr 50ppm CO / Balance air. We have a unique Bump kit which is exempt from HAZMAT shipping requirements (and exempt from the usual $25.00 HAZMAT fee passed on to customers). The Bump kit will be inexpensive, but currently I can’t quote pricing.

As with any CO monitor, we will recommend you Bump the unit prior to testing. If you are going on a trip, I would recommend Bumping the unit prior to your trip, then leave the bump gas at home.

We will also sell a full calibration kit , also 50ppm CO/Balance Air and will recommend annual calibration to correct drift. We will also offer a calibration service to those who don't want to purchase a cal kit. Both kits have been sourced and pricing is being developed.

Interesting that Analox chose to go with a 50 ppm one point calibration given the greatest accuracy and precision needed is in the 0 to 10 ppm range where most country's CO specifications sit today. I trust the linearity checks out at 5 ppm and 10 ppm when using a calibration point at 50 ppm?

What about its water resistance using the ingress protection (IP) rating system? As you know us divers have a habit of dropping things into the drink. I would hope it would withstand a one meter dunking for an IP liquid rating of 7?
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ip-ingress-protection-d_452.html

Any idea if there is a temperature compensation unit on board? I know with my BW Tech unit once in the tropics the baseline will drift up a couple ppm if the ambient temp is above 30 C (85 F). One then has to subtract this off the tank reading or auto-zero the unit beforehand.

Glad to see the sensor is fast at 20 seconds which should make reading multiple tanks a breeze without having to read off the regulator's low pressure hose.

Looking forward to testing the unit out.

Hi swamp diver!

Patti,

I would assume that those attending DEMA and arriving by air will not be able to return with a bump test kit by air? Last time I tried to ship Scotty transportables to use as bump gas I was told only by cargo plane and at the discretion of the pilot.

Likely those bump test kits will have to follow attendees by ground shipping only. Same goes for calibration kits.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom