Pool Pervert!!!

What would you do if you noticed a pervert checking out lady swimmers in the pool

• Ingnore it and focus on your swim

Votes: 60 35.5%
  • Tell the lifeguard

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Inform management

Votes: 38 22.5%
  • Tell the lady swimmer about it and let her deal with it

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Confront the pervert

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Grab the guy and drag him to the bottom of the pool

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet:
I used to work in NYC and went to the Y on my lunch hour to swim laps. One day, I was sharing a lane with this dude, and a couple of times he swam by me, no problem. Then another time, I felt something on my butt. Hmm. Maybe it was an accident. Then I felt it again. The third time he tried, I stopped swimming, grabbed him around the neck and started punching him in the face and called him every bloody name in the book. Everyone stopped and was starring at us, but I didn't give a crap at this point. Man, was I steamed. He got out of the pool and left.

Anyone else find it funny that someone with a screen name of Fairybasslet would post this?

Seriously though, male or female touching you, just tell him or her to stop before punching the person.

Hey leave her alone , she's got a picture on her profile of herself with Richie Kohler and John Chatterton. That makes her ok in my book. (even though her shirt say's bite me) and besides if I say anything bad she might beat me up!!

Diver0001:
Creepy is about how someone "vibes"--what they feel like--and not what they look like.

It should also be clear to everyone by now that it's also determined by a lot of assumptions and filters that we all carry around (perhaps better known as intuition)

Can't that also be be seen as prejudice though? While it's right some of the time a lot of the time it isn't because people are afraid of various types of people based on ignorance and stereotypes and just because someone has some preconceived idea of what defines a creep doesn't make anyone who falls under that description a danger in any way shape or form nor does it make it ok to confront them about it because they made someone feel uncomfortable. You can't say that it's only based on how you feel because how the person looks is going to weigh heavily on how you feel about that person

I just assume all unfamiliar post-pubescent males are serial rapists until they are proven to be safe company, how's that for an assumption? :D

Gidds:
I just assume all unfamiliar post-pubescent males are serial rapists until they are proven to be safe company, how's that for an assumption? :D

Sad and lonely and trolling I hope. :D

Would that make you a trollop?

LOL
:lol:
Sad an lonely? Bah! I have very pleasant male dive buddies who have survived the screening protocol :wink:

Sasquatch:
On this thread were numerous comments about "creepy sleazeball" types and other references to reacting to a person's physical appearance. To those that made these comments a big thanks for proving my theory that people, by and by, are lacking in common sense.

I have 2 requests:

First: Post a few pictures of what these perverts look like so we'll all know to avoid them or just fear them.

Then: Does anyone remember what Ted Bundy looked like. Pretty scary looking, yes?

How about me? Check my profile picture. Who knows?

I didn't refer to how this guy looked. I was refering to his actions. I know I left out much of what was going on (his actions) but I really expected a different response to this situation. It seems like there are few gentelmen out there who are offended by lecherous behavior. Perhaps this is the result of zealous femanism? Why are so many so quick to discount the possibility that he may have been misbehaving?

These women came to the pool to exercise. They were wearing appropriate attire for a pool workout. I don't feel that they should have to endure that sort of harrasment. Could have I mistaken his intentions? Perhaps, but after speaking with him about it I had no doubt that he was up to no good. He was embarased about being caught in the act and seemed fearful that I might take it to management.

I think women (regardelss of their looks or dress) deserve much more respect than many of you are willing to give them. Next time you're staring at a lady, remeber she's someone's daughter, wife, mother, or girlfriend. Give them a break!

The answers lie all around you, look deeper into things, and you will see that we are so bombarded with mixed signals, as a race of people, most of us don't know what we're supposed to be doing and what we aren't anymore. An analogy for where our society is, would be a dog standing in a football stadium, being told to lay down, roll over, play dead, by a crowd of thousands.
Lets face it, life's just got too complicated.

ZAquaman:
I didn't refer to how this guy looked. I was refering to his actions. I know I left out much of what was going on (his actions) but I really expected a different response to this situation. It seems like there are few gentelmen out there who are offended by lecherous behavior. Perhaps this is the result of zealous femanism? Why are so many so quick to discount the possibility that he may have been misbehaving?

Because you didn't describe anything other that he was staring at her.

Look, if he made inappropriate comments, or he touched her, I'd be the first person there, regardless of it were a male or female being bothered, but all we see on the board is he was looking at her.

Really, if he was in his own lane, it's hard to imagine real misbehaving. Was he touching himself?

As I said in my first post, it's near impossible to convey on a message board what made you feel uneasy.

ZAquaman:
These women came to the pool to exercise. They were wearing appropriate attire for a pool workout. I don't feel that they should have to endure that sort of harrasment.
Then how can being leared at be harrasment? There's nothing to be seen that the person didn't know was going to be visible.

ZAquaman:
Could have I mistaken his intentions? Perhaps, but after speaking with him about it I had no doubt that he was up to no good. He was embarased about being caught in the act and seemed fearful that I might take it to management.

Or he could have simply felt embrased at an unwarranted accusation and you applied your own feelings to his reponse and reinforced your feeling of his quilt.

ZAquaman:
I think women (regardelss of their looks or dress) deserve much more respect than many of you are willing to give them. Next time you're staring at a lady, remeber she's someone's daughter, wife, mother, or girlfriend. Give them a break!

I give women and men respect. I treat them the same. How does it matter if someone is a daughter, wife, mother, or girlfriend? (you forgot mom). Having someone stare at you is not a big deal. Women are not fragile little flowers that are going to wilt because a man or another women checks them out.

I've been stared at by women and by men. Guess what, I wasn't harmed by either experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom