Pool Pervert!!!

What would you do if you noticed a pervert checking out lady swimmers in the pool

• Ingnore it and focus on your swim

Votes: 60 35.5%
  • Tell the lifeguard

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Inform management

Votes: 38 22.5%
  • Tell the lady swimmer about it and let her deal with it

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Confront the pervert

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Grab the guy and drag him to the bottom of the pool

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley:
1. It was a public place. No expectation of privacy.
2. He could only see what she chose to show. She picked the outfit and decided on how tight or loose it was, how thick or thin or translucent the material when wet was and how much of her body it covered.
3. As long as he was in his lane there should be no issues for anyone.
4. How is it that a female can expose 98% or more of her body, but if you look your a pervert?

While I appreciate that one or more persons thought he was looking a little too much, so what? Free country and a public place. No laws were broken and if anyone thought there were laws broken, then the police should (would) have been called.

I will agree that if his attentions had caused me discomfort, I might have kept an eye out for when she left to ensure she was not followed. But nothing more than that.

Bullseye!

This isn't Kansas Jen. :D

surfbummer:
Yup, underwater beer drinking and girl watching specialty. I get $1 and PADI gets the rest for the coursework, though.

Shoot! Why do you think guys and gals become instructors!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Oh my god...what on earth does that have to do with this subject?? And who do you think you are?? What a horrible statement to make...did you ever consider that those "fat" people are trying to better themselves physically, by going to the pool. What a horrible time it must have been for you to have to look at them... I feel soooo sorry for you, you poor, poor man. It's people like you that don't belong in public places!

You may need to work on your sarcasm detection.

The whole point of the fat people story was to emphasis that perception is not enough to prove anything.

Where is the line drawn? If making someone uncomfortable is enough to warrant removal from a pool then we are right back to Jim Crow where blacks could only swim on the day before the pool was drained because whites were uncomfortable about sharing water.

Let's reflect on what the person did, he stared at another person. He didn't touch, he didn't talk to her, he stared at her. If his actions made someone uncomfortable how is that different than someone claiming a fat person in the water makes him uncomfortable? That the fat person can't help it? No, different clothing choices could be made.

I don't particularily like it when fat people wear throngs and speedos, but it's none of my business and they can wear whatever they like. Just as it's none of my business if someone stares at me or others.

jepuskar:
The comment about the two fat people gives us a visual...a sense of being at this pool and the many waves that were being created and no doubt bubbles.

It gives the story character...were there any harpoons near by?

Hey if you're that fat and someone's staring at your crotch, you should be pleased.

ItsBruce:
many women go out of their way to enhance or emphasize their attractiveness. (Perhaps that is why they call it "attractive.") They do so partly to attract attention. Some even do it in hopes of attracting a potential husband. Thus, there is nothing wrong with looking.

You have hit an a very important but probably non-related issue in our society. We want, no, we expect women to look hot, sexy and downright dirty. Its part of the education girls receive from the day they open up that first teen magazine to watching cover girl ads and TV shows. Every young girl is tough to look like a super model or Angelina Jolie.

BUT!

Men are not allowed to look, watch or touch because there are laws and morals that are in play. It’s a double standard. Many of the defining people are WOMEN. And the expectation is that MEN cannot look or else they are perverts and should be locked up. What kind of Mind F$@% is this in the first place?

I was chastised publicly for checking out a mid-20ish girl in a thong bikini and no top once on a public beach. I was in my late 30’s. What am I supposed to do? Look away? Also, what did she expect? How Naive and Arrogant. She was hot and every man on the beach was looking but to her, it was not OK!

My 20 Year old son brought home a very cute 18 year old that has some very large and well shaped breasts. She has no issue wearing a VERY low top or an almost see through tee shirt and dresses to the 9’s. She constantly complains about all the men who stare at her breasts and thinks most men are perverts. She told me her step father makes her uncomfortable because he has looked at her breasts and I have been busted a time or two myself. I know her step father and he is not a pervert, he is a good guy but sometimes it’s hard not to look. My advice to her was to cover them up but that’s not an option.

Personally, I think the whole game is sick. Head to a night club one night and watch the kids have sex on the dance floor. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against the dancing, it’s the double standard that is always present that nauseates me. I go dancing with people of all ages and watch intently. I hear girls all the time complain that a guy is a pervert just because he wasn’t attractive to her yet another man would be seen as “HOT” when he comes on to her because he does fit her standard.

We really need to come to grips with this mindset and let it go either one way or another and stop the double standard. I would LOVE to hear what the ladies have to say because it’s often a point of contention on public beaches and pool areas.

LavaSurfer:
You have hit an a very important but probably non-related issue in our society. We want, no, we expect women to look hot, sexy and downright dirty. Its part of the education girls receive from the day they open up that first teen magazine to watching cover girl ads and TV shows. Every young girl is tough to look like a super model or Angelina Jolie.

BUT!

Men are not allowed to look, watch or touch because there are laws and morals that are in play. It’s a double standard. Many of the defining people are WOMEN. And the expectation is that MEN cannot look or else they are perverts and should be locked up. What kind of Mind F$@% is this in the first place?

I was chastised publicly for checking out a mid-20ish girl in a thong bikini and no top once on a public beach. I was in my late 30’s. What am I supposed to do? Look away? Also, what did she expect? How Naive and Arrogant. She was hot and every man on the beach was looking but to her, it was not OK!

My 20 Year old son brought home a very cute 18 year old that has some very large and well shaped breasts. She has no issue wearing a VERY low top or an almost see through tee shirt and dresses to the 9’s. She constantly complains about all the men who stare at her breasts and thinks most men are perverts. She told me her step father makes her uncomfortable because he has looked at her breasts and I have been busted a time or two myself. I know her step father and he is not a pervert, he is a good guy but sometimes it’s hard not to look. My advice to her was to cover them up but that’s not an option.

Personally, I think the whole game is sick. Head to a night club one night and watch the kids have sex on the dance floor. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against the dancing, it’s the double standard that is always present that nauseates me. I go dancing with people of all ages and watch intently. I hear girls all the time complain that a guy is a pervert just because he wasn’t attractive to her yet another man would be seen as “HOT” when he comes on to her because he does fit her standard.

We really need to come to grips with this mindset and let it go either one way or another and stop the double standard. I would LOVE to hear what the ladies have to say because it’s always a point of contention on public beaches and pool areas.

Poor Guy... something tells me the chicks aren't checkin you out anymore... don't worry, it happens to the best of us. Ther've always Nevada... and some of them girls are HOT...

ghostdiver1957:
Poor Guy... something tells me the chicks aren't checkin you out anymore... don't worry, it happens to the best of us. Ther've always Nevada... and some of them girls are HOT...

Dude, you got issues.
That wasn't my point at all and I am sure you know it.
Sounds a little like the mirror effect just happened to you.
You read a whole lot of crap into an otherwise serious post.

Personally, I will go on having fun and playing hard, you go see your hookers.

L8R

Without reading the entire thread...I would probably look to see who the guy was checking out to see if I thought she was hot.

Unless it's some weird situation with children or such I would do nothing. I'm sure the woman has been looked at before and I think she can probably handle it.

--Matt

Back
Top Bottom