Pony bottle valve, Pro vs DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is no pressure difference in the scuba world between 200 bar (Pro valves) and 300 bar DIN valves.
The only difference is that stupid 300 bar din valves take approximately an hour to thread in. I hate the damned things.

Divers Den has DIN tanks for rent! I was up there in 2019 and arranged well in advance to rent 2 steel HP100 as I refuse to dive aluminums. At that time they had very few steels for rent.

There is no pressure difference in the scuba world between 200 bar (Pro valves) and 300 bar DIN valves.
The only difference is that stupid 300 bar din valves take approximately an hour to thread in. I hate the damned things.

Agreed... I feel like I'm doing it wrong by the time it bottoms out...f-o-r-e-v-e-r...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Those 300 bar din valves are BOTTOMLESS. Annoying as all get out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Those 300 bar din valves are BOTTOMLESS. Annoying as all get out.
I think the reason that they're "safer" is that the o-ring just can't be bothered to blow out. It's too damn far.

Diver's Den in Tobermory is one of the best equipped shops you'll ever deal with. I can assure you, filling DIN tanks is a non-issue. I won't say that most tanks up there are DIN, but certainly a very large percentage are, especially in the more "serious" divers (as opposed to the tourist divers that visit once a season).

DIN valves are superior in every way, and while DIN is arguably less critical on a pony/stage/deco bottle, if you have to buy a valve anyway, I suggest you get DIN or a convertible... I mean, why wouldn't you? There are absolutely no advantages to a yoke setup.
Thanks! I went with pro convertible. Definitely prefer DIN on my pony, my buddies use yoke and I think it adds a lot of bulk with the knob. Also with a pro valve it will be easier to sell when I go doubles someday (or maybe keep it for a deco bottle hmm..)

Yep then you fix em.

291 004a.jpg

I think the reason that they're "safer" is that the o-ring just can't be bothered to blow out. It's too damn far.

I don't thinks so...
All Dins I have seen have a small hole kinda where the threads end, so the residual pressure can get out when disconnecting the reg.... if not you might need channel locks to unthread the reg
Have zero use for 300 bar valves other then to do as happy-diver has shown..
Looks good!
And I thought I was the only idiot that would do something like that,,,,:wink:
I have access to a mill, but can be done by hand, and lots of patience

Back
Top Bottom