Pony attachments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That looks ok but you need a BC with two tank straps for that to hold the pony bottle which eliminates most of the BC's available...and then it will cost you 1/2 for the price of the system made by www.ponybottlebracket.com so you will save a few bucks.

Have you considered getting a Spare Air. it is so much simpler than messing with all those pony mounting brackets

Yes I did look at them. But I could only find ones that hold 3 cubic ft of air. That will not allow a slow assent if I dive deep and I would like to do a safety stop too. Also the price was almost $300. I know I could find them a little cheaper but its still close to the price of a pony set up with much more air.

I appreciate all the suggestions and info. I think I really like the quick draw bracket from its looks, simplicity and lack of hose clamps. I also wrote the quick draw company to see what they say about using a 8 inch tank as I have to E8-119's but haven't heard back yet.

I wrote QD too, with no response. They really are designed for a 7.25" curvature, rather than an E8. The edges are nicely rounded, not sharp, but it just feels wrong to only have the contact to the tank being along the two edges of the bracket.

Mark,

When the bracket is placed against an 8 inch tank, how much space is there between them in the center? Im wondering if something simple could be made to fill that gap until a better option come along.

ianr33:
Have you considered getting a Spare Air.

Do you really want to give an out of air, panicking diver a tank that might give him only 10 breaths?

As for being able to hand the pony bottle off, I really don't see the point. If another diver is out of air I'm giving him my primary reg, not my pony.

I use the quick draw bracket on steel 95's (8" diam) and it works fine. The bracket has rubber on it and it forms to the 8" tanks even though it has a 7.75" diam face.

ianr33:
Have you considered getting a Spare Air. it is so much simpler than messing with all those pony mounting brackets

Just asked wife to send out for a pizza and bring me my bathrobe and slippers. this should be a good one. :cool:

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom