Poll of tall dry suit guys...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 240lbs
Chest: 48"
Waist: 38"

Manufacturer: Diving Concepts
Model: Ultraflex
Size: Custom, but picked it up used...

Very happy with the suit and the DC Extreme Thinsulate undergarment.

I bought a second hard DUI FLX 50/50 stock size Large recently. I'm 188cm (6'2") and around 72-75 kg. The DUI suit is rather large around the mid-section but otherwise works. My undergarment is a Bare C100 M-Tall. This fits well but is not quite long enough. I would go with a Bare M-L-Tall next time for both.

Regards,
David

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 170
Chest:41"
Waist: 32"

Manufacturer: Bare
Model: Tech HD Trilam
Size: Medium Large Tall

I just bought in December and had the Bare/ DUI decision as well. With Bare having all the different stock sizes it was a no brainer. Suit fits me really nice. For the price I couldn't go wrong.

Height: 6'3
Weight: 190
Chest: 42
Waist: 34

Manufacturer: Bare
Model: Bare Nex-Gen Pro
Size: Large

I could have gone XL with the height, but I tried the L in the shop and it fit perfectly.

Size Height: 6’4”
Weight:240
Waist: 38

Manufacturer: DUI
Model: CLX450 (signature)

The taller stock suits may likely be too large for a thinner person, leaving a large area for the air bubble to move around in. It may not be comfortable to manage the bubble with all of the extra room.

I looked into DUI’s stock vs Signature (custom) suits. Not cheap, but.....by the time I added the cost and features I wanted to the stock suit, it was only another $150 more (or so) to go with the signature series which included most of the options at no additional cost, and then you get a custom fit, and a selection of color choices too. (IMHO) it is well worth the extra money for the custom fit, and choices.

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 250
Chest: 48
Waist: 40

Manufacturer: Viking
Model: X-treme
Size: 04W

Love this suit, plenty of height, arms and legs are plenty long enough. The boots are a bit big but an extra pair of warm socks fixes that.

OE2X:
I would - unless you can find a rack suit - go custom. I know that I will next time around.

Look at the Diving Concept suits.
I am 6'1" and 165lbs and I went with a custom Diving Concepts Ultra Flex Pro (Tech Cut) They do a very good job for the tall skinny people and their custom cut was only an additional $200.

Like the name suggests i am 7ft tall, and about 335lbs. I am going to order my first dry suit today, custom of course, 95 percent of divers up here use DUI so im going to follow the pack and cough up just under $3000 for the signature series suit. Hope this is the right decision. And to the rest in this thread just be greatfull you dont have to buy my gear. lol:D

7ftDiver:
Like the name suggests i am 7ft tall, and about 335lbs. I am going to order my first dry suit today, custom of course, 95 percent of divers up here use DUI so im going to follow the pack and cough up just under $3000 for the signature series suit. Hope this is the right decision. And to the rest in this thread just be greatfull you dont have to buy my gear. lol:D

Dude - If you're going custom do yourself a favor and look at Diving Concepts. Better value than DUI, and more for the money.

Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 165 lbs (OK, 170 lbs right now, but working on 165)
Chest: 40 in.
Waist: 33 in.

Manufacturer: DUI
Model: CF200x
Size: stock men's large

Very good fit. Not baggy at all. and arm/leg length is spot on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom