Poll of tall dry suit guys...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_O_H:
Height: 6'4
Weight: 265
Chest: 51
Waist: 40

Manufacturer: Zeagle
Model: Older and neoprene - bought used
Size: XXL

Fit well, but was a bit too short. Have an XXL CF200 on the way, which looks like it's going to fit perfectly.

Might as well update everyone: I received my DUI CF200, stock size XXL. Fits perfectly.

Height:6'6"
Weight:290 lb
Chest: 52 in
Waist: 40 in
Foot: 13E

Manufacturer: Mobby's
Model:Armor Shell
Size:3XL

Unfortunately Mobby's aren't available any more.... This one fits like a glove... I have opted to remove the boots, and go with the latex socks... I have VERY high insteps, and the boots are VERY strong, which combined made removal of the suit difficult.....

Randy

ScubaStan:
Height: 6'3
Weight: 190
Chest: 42
Waist: 34

Manufacturer: Bare
Model: Bare Nex-Gen Pro
Size: Large

I could have gone XL with the height, but I tried the L in the shop and it fit perfectly.

crpntr133:
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 170
Chest:41"
Waist: 32"

Manufacturer: Bare
Model: Tech HD Trilam
Size: Medium Large Tall

I just bought in December and had the Bare/ DUI decision as well. With Bare having all the different stock sizes it was a no brainer. Suit fits me really nice. For the price I couldn't go wrong.
(sorry to sidetrack the thread for a moment)

Interesting... it's ironic that I was also looking at the Bare suits, and not just because they have a wide range of sizes. :)

I'm 6'3", 190lbs, with a 42" chest and 34" waist. I note the Bare sizing charts list the "Large Tall" for fitting up to 6'3", so I'm ok there (barely), but the weight recommended is 195-220 (vs. my 190) and the waist size is 35-37" (vs. my 34"). My concern would be the top to bottom fit would be fine, but it would be a bit balloony around the waist, since by every measure it's too big for me there.

Yet at 6'3". you're both exactly my height... crpntr133, seems your MLT suit should be an inch too short (up to 6'2"), AND it's too big in the middle by about the same as the LT would be for me. Yet you like the fit? And ScubaStan, you're exactly my measurements, yet per Bare's chart, your Large should be TWO inches too short, and the waist a bit too big, yet you say it fits perfectly?

I've been trying to figure out what to do, short of custom, but now I'm REALLY confused. (also, does anyone know how much Bare tacks on for a custom size?)

Height:6'5"
Weight:170 lb
Chest:
Waist: 34 in
Foot: 11

Manufacturer: USIA
Model: Aqua pro plus
Size: Large tall

Fit me without going custom. A very tough suit, I am very pleased with the quality and service I got. Thank you Jerry.

Mad Scientist:
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 250
Chest: 48
Waist: 40

Manufacturer: Viking
Model: X-treme
Size: 04W

Love this suit, plenty of height, arms and legs are plenty long enough. The boots are a bit big but an extra pair of warm socks fixes that.
Thanks for diving Viking!:D
The Xtremes now come in the "regular cut" as well as the "American Cut" (Wide):wink:
Also come in a front zip version.
A size 03 is good for 6'2" & 46" chest, come with size 10 - 11 boots. (12 -13 on the 04)
Being in NJ you will see a LOT of folks diving Vikings.

6'0", about 205, chest 43", waist 35-38" (depending on diet and exercise), DUI CLX 450, size XL. Looking at the DUI size charts, I thought I would have to get a Signature Series, but I got to try on a stock XL at the dive shop and it fit perfectly. The telescoping waist and drawstring make it easy to don and doff without being excessively baggy. It's really hard to figure out what to get looking at size charts. If DUI is on your list, you might want to try out DUI Demo Days. They bring a truck full of drysuits, undergarments, BCs, etc. that you can try out and put instructors from local dive shops in the water to lead dives for people who are not drysuit-certified. They will even set you up with the inflator hose if you don't have one. There is one May 20-21 at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA, which shouldn't be too bad for someone in NJ. Info available here: http://www.dui-online.com/dog_dutch_2006.html. There is a minimal fee, which gets you lunch, dinner, and the chance to try out the gear.

Back
Top Bottom