Policy Changes at Aquarena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver:
There is an RV park on the South side of town Canyon Trails as far as rough camping I could let you use my back yard for free, but seriously if you need a place to stay PM me and maybe we can work something out (if you're not an ax murderer and would submit to a CH check; btw I own guns). In addition I have access to free tanks and free air, perks of being on a dive team.

Jay - awesome, thanks for the info on that RV park. I don't think I could ever, in good conscience, take you up on your offer, though. Aside from our OW students who are mostly loud and unruly college students (including me :wink:), when I'm in an unsuspecting person's backyard, my axe hand gets an itchy trigger finger.

That kind of clears up the "4 times a year" thing for me.

So, does anyone know who the "constant divers" are? Aquarena staff maybe?

I would like to be a constant diver. Aquarena is Nirvana for me.

-----------------------------
Hawkeye Mark:
This is what I got back. 4 dives a year sounds reasonable. 4 times a year is unreasonable. I dont have a problem with this policy

Hi Mark and Teresa! I have located your information in our files! Hooray! I am in the process of converting everyone’s files to a digital database and the process is proving time consuming and messy. Many files are missing or inaccurate.

We have changed our requirements for volunteer divers to perform at least 4 dives a year. This could mean 4 separate trips, or one long weekend of 4 individual dives. If you completed the class more than a year ago and have not been back to dive, you would not be aware of this change and the many others that have occurred recently. Therefore, you will not be held accountable to this new rule. However, once you return for your next dive, it will be necessary for you learn and follow all of the new policies. We do offer the diving for science class every other weekend and you are welcome to sit in for a refresher, free of charge. Or, you are welcome to schedule your next dive with one of our constant divers, who can give you the updates. Either way, we are not going to penalize you for missing a year and would like to have you back again. Of course, we do have to make sure you and our flora/fauna is safe during your volunteer dive.

I hope this helps answer some questions. I’ll attach a few of the announcements on some policy changes and the new approval form. Both will give you an idea on some of the new procedures you must follow.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers,

Kat Chapman

Diving Coordinator

Aquarena Center

TX State University

The constant divers are the ones in the Austin/San Marcos vicinity that frequent the Aquarena Center numerous times a year.

Mr. Foo (he gets hot'n'bothered when I call him that :wink: and I will be diving at Aquarena on March 15, 16, & 17, during my Spring Break. Camping on the Comal River at Landa Park. Plan to drift dive in the river a few times, also. If anyone wants to join us for some dives, let me know. We usually have a large time when we go there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom