Policy Changes at Aquarena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruiser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Did anyone get notification of diving changes? Now it will be buddies only. And a new community board is coming our way to hook up with other Aquarena volunteers.

Can you buddy-up with two other people?

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Not to mention the changes with the yellow oversuits...

What yellow oversuits?? :confused:

I haven't received any notifications from them in ages.

they have these yellow dive skins (look more like leotards) that you are supposed to wear over your wetsuit. They are hanging up near the compressor and there are different sizes, last time I was there most of them were ripped out at the crotch and legs. I was diving my drysuit so I didn't bother with one because it would have covered my inflator and exhaust valve. In the approval form this statement is #4: "All divers are now required to wear yellow suits over your wetsuits. The suits will ensure your visibility to both the guests and the staff, and are supplied by Aquarena. If you have any more questions about this new requirement, please ask the PIC."

The new dive coordinator is Kat Chapman, apparently they lost or misplaced some of their records, when I contacted her for Dive approval back in December I got this:
My name is Kat and I’ve taken over for Kelly as Diving Coordinator at Spring Lake . I’m glad to hear that you’re interested in coming out to volunteer. However, it has been one of our most strict policies that to remain current as a volunteer; you must participate in at least one science dive a year. I’m working on creating a more compete database of our divers at the moment, but at this point I can’t find any record of your return since the introductory class in November of 2004. Also, we ask our volunteers to give at least 48 hours notice before you come to dive. I make the schedule twice a week and find this to most helpful. If you have been to Spring Lake in the months beyond your original dive, please let me know! Also, if you would like to sit in on a class as a refresher, we would be glad to have you! Many things have changed since your class and, as a volunteer; I would like you to remain informed!​
So I got out the log book and sent in info on 14 dives over 2005 and 2006 at Spring Lake to get her database of me up to date. Then got approval. So if you haven't been there in a while you might want to drop Kat a line to see if she's got info on you and if it is current.

I haven't been back since March 2005, so since I haven't received any notices lately, I have to presume I am no longer on file.

What is the email for Kat ?

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom