Point Lobos Get-Together!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got our confirmation too. count me and Prodiver in.

Looks like I got the #1 spot. No buddy yet, but there is no hurry either.

Nathan

Wow, it sounds like we might be invading Lobos this time. :D

Well I won't be able to make the March get together. I just got word two hours ago that I have to move to Destin/Ft. Walton Beach area in Florida by the end of February. Looks like it was a good thing that I held off buying the dry suit. That just means I can spend more on the camera housing. :) I'll send pictures when I get there....I'm going to be hard pressed to make 31 dives in the next 30 days (leaving on the 18 Feb).

Well I won't be able to make the March get together. I just got word two hours ago that I have to move to Destin/Ft. Walton Beach area in Florida by the end of February. Looks like it was a good thing that I held off buying the dry suit. That just means I can spend more on the camera housing. :) I'll send pictures when I get there....I'm going to be hard pressed to make 31 dives in the next 30 days (leaving on the 18 Feb).

That's a bummer that you won't make the get-together and you're going to be moving so soon, but isn't that the place you were hoping to be stationed? That's great!

Hey, we should have an SB get-together in Florida sometime. :D

We should do that Michelle! Everyone can crash at Brad's place!

Good news that I have heard that Destin Jeddy/Jetty has good diving. I have a book on Florida divesites and such if you are interested in checking it out Brad. Let me know!

I wouldn't be against everyone crashing at my place. I plan on buying a house out there and most likely something with a garage and I'll definitely have an area to dry gear. :) I plan on visiting the Keys sometime this year. :) I'll just drive down there. :)

Is the book the Ned DeLoach's Diving Guide to UW Florida? I've got that one. :) I just realized though that I have to buy all new ID books for the area....I think I'll go post in the Florida Conch Divers to see if I can get some hits for people in the area. :) It's funny looking at some of the beach dives in the book. Some are in 4-5 feet of water, 10 feet of water, 15 feet of water....How is SCUBA even necessary? :) Ooh and there is the Oriskany and lots of wrecks. Guess I'm getting my wreck dive cert...:wink:.

That is the book - its a great book. That is a bit funny about the depth of some of the dives. You'll have some great bottom times though!

I know Mark and I would love to come and visit sometime. I have been wanting to take a week to visit Destin, the Orinsky and then do some of the springs along the western coast - Devil's Den, Weekiwachee, etc. And, I know this goes without saying, but you are always welcome to come to SF (or wherever we are) and do some diving, stay with us, etc.

Back
Top Bottom