Please post photos of your setup :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris, the ones on the bottom look pretty nice. I'll take a silver one and a couple of those red things...

These are photos of my soon-to-be retired Aquatica 80 housing. Inside goes my trusty Nikon F801 with 24mm Nikkor and a B&W +2 diopter. I liked the reflex viewing but the housing doesn't have a top window to see the frame counter. And the viewfinder is too dim to read the exposure information. I always shoot manual so I pretty much guess the exposure. Even with Velvia it mostly comes out right. However, I've decided to replace it. The arm is a caterpillar type. I got it in a hurry. My advice would be to go with Ultralight or TLC.

1. SLR housings can be a real pain. The worst part is getting all the gears to fit. With new DSLRs I think this is not an issue.

2. The thing is big.

So I went out and got a used Nikonos & 15mm lens (picture 3). It may not give me digital feedback but the optics are superb. I am working on mounting a digicam w/ Magic filter to the bottom of it.

2 Bar:
I bought a light cannon for a trip coming up. After my pruchase I read it could be mounted to an arm. Since I can't afford a set up plus a strobe right now, I bought the tray and handle, and will use my light cannon until I can buy the strobe. I think it will help my video clips too!

Should work great for the video. If you use it for stills, make sure you have your shutter speed very high. The advantage to a strobe is it stops the action and prevents blur. Otherwise you have to hold the camera perfectly still, and if the subject moves everything will be foggy.

Yo Deserteagle

I have a couple of A80s on the top shelf, these are dedicated to insane macro. below are a couple of shots showing that rig including the "custom" weight system. I have recently had a custom adapter made which allows me to use the A80 ports on my newer bayonet housings.

there is a pile of Nikonos,s ( everything from a NK II & III ( MY favorite ) to a pile of V,s I used for tourist shooting. Lots of lenses as well 15 mm and 20 mm, I still use these for WA ( usually only the 15 mm ) the aquatica on the center shelf is for my F5, again for specialized shooting like under/over stuff and sun bursts, where Digital wont cut it. The housing on the floor are my "working" rigs, which are for the Fuji S2, and the D70s.

the orange flashy things are from the jurassic age of photography but they still do the job.

51925_1123720087_macro-bazooka.jpg

51925_1123720087_Macro-bazooka2.jpg

I agree on the gear and size issue, I envy those folks with their tiny digi cams when I am lugging all my stuff through airports.

as for the gears, the F5 like the digi cams allows aperture to be controlled via the command dial.

The Nikonos 15mm is the holy grail of UW optics! wish someone would make a digi cam that I could attach it to.

1. SLR housings can be a real pain. The worst part is getting all the gears to fit. With new DSLRs I think this is not an issue.

2. The thing is big.

So I went out and got a used Nikonos & 15mm lens (picture 3). It may not give me digital feedback but the optics are superb. I am working on mounting a digicam w/ Magic filter to the bottom of it.[/QUOTE]

Hey Chris,

That's quite a collection. Even your Aquatica 80 housing is newer than mine. I got mine 7 years ago and paid only $200 with two ports (yeehaw).

The 15 is new for me. I got my start with a Nikonov and a 20mm. Then I started renting the 15 and it knocked my socks off. I paid a little over $600 on eBay for mine, with viewfinder. The Nik V cost me $200. I've got some old YS50 strobes. At that kind of money, it's less than many of the digicam setups cost.

So do you charge admission for your museum?

I had one exactly like yours! traded for the machine work to make my adaptor. I still have one back which allows more control than my green ones.

You got a good deal on that lens considering it looks like it is in good condition. mine are blue! hahaha

Museum? hahaha I have considered setting up a display in the local dive shop since I have just about everything that was made in the non RS nikonos line. Well used I might add.

I still use the Seconic meters, even with my digis.

DesertEagle:
Hey Chris,

That's quite a collection. Even your Aquatica 80 housing is newer than mine. I got mine 7 years ago and paid only $200 with two ports (yeehaw).

The 15 is new for me. I got my start with a Nikonov and a 20mm. Then I started renting the 15 and it knocked my socks off. I paid a little over $600 on eBay for mine, with viewfinder. You can't even buy much of a glass SLR dome for that.

So do you charge admission for your museum?

Wolverine:
to Chris Bangs:

WOW! How do you choose what to use? That is A LOT of equipment. :11:
Yes, but Chris has no life....

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom