Please post photos of your setup :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is my Fuji F810. ULCS tray, and arms. Ike DS50 strobe. Mini q40 focus light for night dives (or day dives as dark as night which we sometimes get). It pretty much looks like this:

47481506-M.jpg

Except since then i've added a bayonet adapter and a WAL. Also a lens caddy for the WAL and i taped the inside of the housing to block the flash instead of the bulky card type blocker.

Note: strobe is into the doctor so not pictured here:
55541488-M.jpg

Folded up the whole rig is quite small and i use a soft cooler thing as a camera bag.
Chris

Monkey quick question, i'm thinking of getting a strobe in the future...
How does the Ike DS-50 compare to the sea&sea YS-15??

Realise you might not have had a chance to use the YS-15, how does the DS-50 strike you, any complaints?
Thanks much.

Never used the YS-15. Love the DS50. I think it gets overshadowed by people who think it's not powerful enough and go for the DS125 instead. It's actually just as "bright" just doesn't have as wide a beam as the DS125 (someone correct me if i'm wrong here). I like that it's small, takes AA batteries, and was relatively cheap. Also plenty powerful and with a digital point and shoot provides a wide enough beam. I use it in (sometimes murky) Ca waters and it works great.

As you can tell i'm happy with the purchase and would do it again. Solid little strobe.

Chris

well here goes... my current setup

Canon S70
Inon D-2000
Inon mount base, grip and arms
Inon macro lens
? multi-led focus light (forget the brand, bought locally)

makes for a nice compact setup... maybe I'll get another arm extension...

IMG_3772_1.JPG

here's a couple of mine 'in the wild'

one being lowered to me at "temple of doom" in mexico

one at catalina island in So. Calif.

Warren_L:
I don't think the energy ratings on the 50 and 125 are the same. energy rating is less than half and lower guide number. http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/strobe_chart2.html . Plus different colour temperatures.

Yup it's gonna take much more energy because the DS125 is a wider beam...thus more light and more energy. Either way i've found the DS50 to be plenty powerful for my uses...but i'm no strobe expert so guide number and color temperature pretty much go over my head.

I bought a light cannon for a trip coming up. After my pruchase I read it could be mounted to an arm. Since I can't afford a set up plus a strobe right now, I bought the tray and handle, and will use my light cannon until I can buy the strobe. I think it will help my video clips too!

here's the pic from here, when I first bought it....

a80package.jpg

I gave up trying to pick which system to post. so I just posted them all in one shot. pardon the mess!

51925_1139594733_toys.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom