Please help us plan our 1st Philippine trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys kill me....jeez....we know too much!!! I love it!!!
You say it best! And thankfully you do. I'm beginning to digest this info and will try laying out a plan. May need to ask a couple more specific questions about where and when the "fast ferrys" travel. Thanks for the info so far.

Pony-

We work in the Philippines all of the time and have several different resorts in different areas as well as a few liveaboards that we work with. We would be happy to assit you with your vacation planning if you prefer to work with an agent. Dive Travel is our specialty and we have been doing this for over 12 years now. If you are interested in working with an agent we can try to make the process much easier for you just give us a call or send us an email. We would love to help.

Brittney

Additionally, we are interested in the Islands/locations that offer on-shore activities or “thing to do and see”. We are easily pleased with corals and fish, along with opportunities to see large pelagics; Wrecks are not that great of interest, but wouldn’t pass one by. We do not need luxurious accommodations, but would prefer AC and modern amenities without spending a lot.

You just described Bohol. I love Bohol for what you just described. You can fly into Cebu instead of Manila as others stated. Its more of a challenge to find flights from the US to Cebu compared to Manila. As others stated, you can make the transfer from Manila.

We will spend at least 2 weeks, and maybe 3 in the Philippines.

I'd do 1 location per week but depending on which locations you could squeeze 3 within a 2 week period.

1. What time of the year would you recommend for best combination of weather and diving conditions and pricing?

2. For first time travelers to this region, where would you start; e.g. Fly into what Airport/Island and stay at what resort?

3. Are there dive operations that offer multi-destination (Island) diving vacations (other than liveaboards) ?

4. Could anyone recommend a good Philippine Scuba travel agency?

I don’t mind spending time on the Inet for information and or booking reservations; I just need a good place to start. However, if someone wants to send me a photocopied itinerary for a 2-3 week trip…I won’t pass it bye. Thanks for any information.

1. Anytime.

2. Bohol; flying into Cebu. then pick 1-2 other places in the Visayas

3. Yes, many do dive safaris. You got good suggestions already

4. Between this site and TA I plan all my trips. If it were me, I'd make a short list of your top 3-4 places that peak your interest. Then narrow your choices based on how much time you have, the logistics your priorities.

Once you've narrowed your choices, people here can help with specifics.

Maybe its just me but I'd go crazy thinking about Logistics, which hotel and which dive shop before even deciding on the locations.

It is funny after 4 years from the first post. Been there twice now and planning a trip back this spring. JUST got done yesterday asking my friend Ta who is in the states now about a liveaboard for Apo and Tubbatha reef. Someone is reading my mind!

Not many liveaboards go to Apo Reef. They all depart from Puerto Princesa in Palawan except on the transition trips, even then they might stopover at Cuyo Island instead of Apo Reef.
Please check ragstwo.com.
Dive operators at San Jose in Mindoro arrange regular daily trip to Apo Reef.

Glad to see it was revived. I can use this info. Heading for the Philippines, Cebu, Moalboal and elsewhere this Feb. Keep the info coming.

Cheers,

expanded 2-3 week itenerary

1) fly into Manila (unless you can catch an affordable flight directly into cebu)
2) fast ferry to bohol - do pamilican, balicasag and cabilao
3) fast ferry back to cebu and do malapascua (2 hrs. by land)
4) return to cebu and seriously consider if you want to take a fast craft to dumaguete (for dauin and apo island... about 4 hrs total travel)
4b) consider flying from cebu to manila and making a transfer to anilao and/or PG for the remainder of your stay... it'll be a good cool-down and the proximity to manila for the fly-out home will leave less to chance... if you don't want to sacrifice no-fly times from cebu to manila there are 20-hour superferries that do cebu-manila almost everyday... it'll be a great chance to relax a bit and sort through your photographs

hope this helps...

Jag

Oh yah, these would be my three favorite dive spots in the Philippines! Malapascua, Panglao and Dauin/Apo. I'd dive more at Anilao but it gets expensive for single travelers.

O.K. YOU GOT WITH THE REVIVAL OF THE OLD POST:mooner:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom