PLEASE don't rent mopeds...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley:

Jeff, is that you I see flexin' those bi's?...well, with the wife and pups :sleeping_, findin' time to browse threads and stumbled upon a familiar face. We had worked together @ Neo :bash: years ago. Also heading to Coz...June 18th & staying at Presidente...catch ya' deep! :hai:
HAH! Flexing what? That's more to hold my stomach in!

We'll be at The Presidente on the 20th! How long are you there? I see you got certified at UWSafaris... John Quigley do ya?

We'll be looking for ya... too funny!

I get to retire my moped tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get to pick up my new ride with 4 wheels tomorrow :)

http://www.chevrolet.com.mx/content...owroom/chevrolet/modelos/colorado/diseno.html

The color of mine is Champagne/light metallic beige

I am so excited I can't stand it...so I had to share!

I thought I was going to be getting around on my moped for the rest of my life! In the past, it has proved impossible for a foreigner to get approved for financing...but I finally made the cut:) It was worth the wait!

Christi,

Congrats on the new wheels! I'll have to come over again really soon so I too could experience that new car smell.

I pity the first person to nick the truck when loading gear. :)

Dennis

Moodiejeff:
Jeez Liz... after going through all your photos, it looks like you've led a pretty boring life. :11:

You really should get out and do more.
I'm working on that!
17062081-M.gif

Great news about your new ride Christie! We bought a jeep from the dealer in Cancun back in 2000. It's a company car so we paid with a big bag of the boss' cash. Since we didn't know how long we'd be working on this boat we asked them to put the boss' name and the name of the boat on the factura - our mistake. They delivered the jeep to Coz for us but the paperwork didn't show up. When I went back to the dealer they recognized me but didn't want to give me the factura because it wasn't in my name. Then when we tried to register it and get tags in Coz they again wanted the boss to come in with his passport etc. Our friend Raul was with us and he asked them how we could get around this. They said that we needed the boss to sign the back of the factura giving one of us the right. He flipped it over, scribbled and signed and handed it back, "like this?". "Exactly" they said and happily took our money and finished the paperwork.

We thought it would be a huge hassle when two of our friends from Coz drove it down here for us last year, crossing through Belize and Guatemala, into Honduras and putting it on a freighter to Roatan. They had the factura in our boss' name, the registration and insurance in my husbands name, and a letter giving them permission plus a ton of copies. Unbelievably they didn't have problems at any of the borders and said the drive was amazing. One of the guys is going to do the trip again this fall but on his motorcycle.

freefall2:
I'm working on that!
17062081-M.gif

Great news about your new ride Christie! We bought a jeep from the dealer in Cancun back in 2000. It's a company car so we paid with a big bag of the boss' cash. Since we didn't know how long we'd be working on this boat we asked them to put the boss' name and the name of the boat on the factura - our mistake. They delivered the jeep to Coz for us but the paperwork didn't show up. When I went back to the dealer they recognized me but didn't want to give me the factura because it wasn't in my name. Then when we tried to register it and get tags in Coz they again wanted the boss to come in with his passport etc. Our friend Raul was with us and he asked them how we could get around this. They said that we needed the boss to sign the back of the factura giving one of us the right. He flipped it over, scribbled and signed and handed it back, "like this?". "Exactly" they said and happily took our money and finished the paperwork.

We thought it would be a huge hassle when two of our friends from Coz drove it down here for us last year, crossing through Belize and Guatemala, into Honduras and putting it on a freighter to Roatan. They had the factura in our boss' name, the registration and insurance in my husbands name, and a letter giving them permission plus a ton of copies. Unbelievably they didn't have problems at any of the borders and said the drive was amazing. One of the guys is going to do the trip again this fall but on his motorcycle.

Thanks Liz!!! Sounds like a typical MX transaction...haha! Well, mine is in the boss' name as well...but since I happen to be the boss, hopefully I won't have any problems.

The funny thing was yesterday when I was signing everything. He said, your signature has to be exactly as it is on your passport...OK I said, but I'll need to PRACTICE that signature because that was 10 years ago, and my signature has taken a different form...haha! He even made me sign a new application, because the signature on the application was slightly different...instead of looping the "y" at the end of my last name, I crossed th "t" with it...which is how I usually sign now...it didn't matter that the rest of the signature was EXACTLY the same, that he watched me sign it, or that the signature on my FM3 is like that...haha!

Anyway...I can't wait to "go somewhere" today so I can drive...haha!

How long are you guys going to be down in Roatan? That is definitely on my short list of places to go!!! I'm headed to the eastern Carribbean in 168 days :)

Christie - that's too funny! The cashiers at Chedraui were concerned a few times when I paid with amex and my signature didn't match the card. One of them asked me to sign again but do it more like the one on the card. It's impossible, but I tried to comply, then shrugged and winked and told her "no puedo firmar como ella". She looked perplexed for a minute and then figured out I was kidding.

The boss paid another year's dockage here so we'll most likely be in Roatan until April of next year. You should come down, the diving is great. If you do you MUST bring me a couple of bags of Hot Nuts. Some friends are on a big sailing yacht in Coz and Cancun right now and asked if they could bring me anything when they head down here. I told them that if it's too much to ask to bring my massage therapist, chiropractor and acupuncturist from Cozumel, I'd settle for a bottle of good vanilla and several bags of Hot Nuts.

Cozoholic:
Driving reminds me of playing Grand Theft Auto...Its pretty bad... :reaper:

That is such an understatement. I preferred walking when possible and of course, the crazy cab ride when neccessary. We rented a car one day and all was fine, but we stayed out of "town" with it and used it to see the sights instead.

When we got to town, we parked just outside and walked in, which was great exercise and much easier.

The rental cars are cheap, really! A moped is simply not in my future!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom