Please confirm required vaccination status for Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get a membership with DAN, it's cheap peace of mind.
DAN membership is for ages 8-70. We still fit in but what about older folks? They buy something else or do not go on liveaboards in Indonesia?

1. Will a single J&J shot be OK? This is a single-shot vaccine.

2. Will 2 shots of Pfizer w/o booster be OK? This is a 2-shot vaccine.
I can confirm that a single shot of j&J without booster is OK. No need to take aditional shots. Single shot of J&J is considerered fully vaccinated. Thats what also is stated at the website of the indonesian ambassy in the netherlands. I had a single j&j shot last year (no boosters) and arrived yesterday in bali and had no problems at all. Just check the website of the indonesian embassy in your country. the information should be at there.
Hope this message clears things up a little bit. Any questions, just let me know.
Regards, Eric

I can confirm that a single shot of j&J without booster is OK. No need to take aditional shots. Single shot of J&J is considerered fully vaccinated. Thats what also is stated at the website of the indonesian ambassy in the netherlands. I had a single j&j shot last year (no boosters) and arrived yesterday in bali and had no problems at all. Just check the website of the indonesian embassy in your country. the information should be at there.
Hope this message clears things up a little bit. Any questions, just let me know.
Regards, Eric
I did but I found another statement that says booster is required to fly inside Indonesia.

I am heading there next June for a 14 day trip including 10 days at a dive resort, a hotel in Jakarta each way, and an airfare total of $4200, I have a tentative reservation for 10 and need 7 more. DM if curious.

Regarding what is required for Covid I don't know, but seriously do you want to get on a plane for a flight like that and then the resort without every Covid Shot and Booster you can get? I don't.

One more question that may sound silly, but: do we need visa to enter Indonesia if we stay for less than 30 days? US DoS website says Yes, the Indonesian website says No.
The DoS website does not say visa is required!
It only say: Visa upon arrival for up to 30 days........

One more question that may sound silly, but: do we need visa to enter Indonesia if we stay for less than 30 days? US DoS website says Yes, the Indonesian website says No.
US Citizens (and a bunch of other nationalities ) are eligible for visa on arrival when you get to Indonesia. At Jakarta I first went to a booth to show my vaccination status , then went to a booth to pay my visa on arrival fee (I paid in cash US dollars and got change in rupiah , I forget the amount—think I gave a $50 bill and got a decent amount of change back). After getting the receipt showing I had paid for visa, the lane just fed me into the queue to get the actual visa stamp in my passport. Once I got my visa I picked up my bags and waited in the line to clear customs. I had to show electronic QR code for the customs form I had filled out online. Think you could only do it 24 hours in advance or so. I did it from the Tokyo airport.

One random note , you do go through immigration on the way out. They stamped over my arrival visa with my departure date and some symbol. I was a little concerned when I went into the immigration hall to leave the country and saw some giant lines. The lines for Indonesians were very long , but I was waved over to the right to booths marked “Foreigners” (I think) that didn’t have a line. Not sure why Indonesians need to wait in line to leave the country, just glad I wasn’t stuck in that line.

No visa in advance, you get the visa on arrival and it was 35USD at the start of September (it's 500k Rupiah and I'm not sure how often the do recalculate).

No visa in advance, you get the visa on arrival and it was 35USD at the start of September (it's 500k Rupiah and I'm not sure how often the do recalculate).

I just paid the US$35 on my visa card for the visa. Quick and simple. When I left Bali on 4th October I do not recall seeing any lines for Indonesians. Also the lines moved pretty quickly. The airport waiting areas were also nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom