Please confirm required vaccination status for Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The app seems useless. I uploaded my vaccine info and got approval a few days later but can’t seem to get the vaccine certificate. I assume that’s what you need when using the app? Does the app save any time versus showing your actual CDC vaccine card?
In theory, people are supposed to be using the app, not vaccination cards (not even sure if Indonesia has paper cards ). In reality the app sucks and no one ever made me use it . However , United airlines did verify I had the app in order to get my boarding pass .

Bottom line, definitely download the app. After downloading you may as well try to get it work but don’t worry if it doesn’t (Sounds like you are already at this point). You will probably just have to show your CDC card like I did when going through immigration and probably while checking in for domestic flights within Indonesia .

EDIT: I didn’t spend any time in non tourist areas, but I think the airports etc are used to dealing with foreigners using paper vaccination cards since they can’t get the app to work. If you go to areas where mostly Indonesians go they might be used to people with the app (and not that used to people who can’t get it to work ). That is the impression I get from comments others have made , but I obviously could be wrong .

I didn’t spend any time in non tourist areas, but I think the airports etc are used to dealing with foreigners using paper vaccination cards since they can’t get the app to work. If you go to areas where mostly Indonesians go they might be used to people with the app (and not that used to people who can’t get it to work ).
I traveled Kupang or Alor in august, which are not the most touristy places. Kupang downtown nobody speaks english even in the local malls, and guess what : nobody gives a sh*t about that app, never seen anyone showing it, even at the airport were my wife and I were the only bules.
I was only asked my vaccine certs on arrival at Bali airport, then for the domestic departures : in Kupang or Alor.... they just didn't care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom