Please confirm required vaccination status for Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But the Indonesian web site says that a free electronic visa is more convenient than visa on arrival. Yet they have a list of countries citizens of which need visa for staying for less than 30 days and the USA is not among these. Had anyone use the electronic visa?

But the Indonesian web site says that a free electronic visa is more convenient than visa on arrival. Yet they have a list of countries citizens of which need visa for staying for less than 30 days and the USA is not among these. Had anyone use the electronic visa?
The VoA (Visa on Arrival) is so easy to get, why bother getting the electronic visa. All you need to do is get to the VoA booth, hand in your passport & $35, Immigration officer look over a blank visa page in your passport, stick on the VoA sticker, give back the passport to you and off you go to the Customs clearance checkpoint.

The VoA (Visa on Arrival) is so easy to get, why bother getting the electronic visa. All you need to do is get to the VoA booth, hand in your passport & $35, Immigration officer look over a blank visa page in your passport, stick on the VoA sticker, give back the passport to you and off you go to the Customs clearance checkpoint.
Agreed. the VOA is easy and fast to get, and eliminates all questions. Reports of the eVisa being very difficult to navigate the website, with multiple tries typical.

Reactions: Dan

Take it from us who have just traveled to Indonesia / Bali recently. Just do the Visa On Arrival as it's fast. By the way avoid the agents asking would you like to pay a fee for faster entry, makes no difference as you still only get to wait for your luggage anyway. My time from leaving the aircraft to getting through immigration and getting my luggage was 45 minutes in Bali.

OK, OK, thanks everyone. Will get visa on arrival.

Turns out, the electronic visa link was deactivated during the Covid-19 madness, so this is not an option anyway. One more question I have, do they expect tips? Different countries have different attitudes.

Other people will have a better historical view, but the resort suggested a 10 percent gratuity at the end (I think liveaboard may have suggested a similar number but my memory is fuzzier since in theory the trip organizer was paying a group tip ). I went higher on these since most tourism businesses were essentially shut down for Covid for 2 years (and I said I was tipping higher specifically for that reason).

The app seems useless. I uploaded my vaccine info and got approval a few days later but can’t seem to get the vaccine certificate. I assume that’s what you need when using the app? Does the app save any time versus showing your actual CDC vaccine card?

The app seems useless. I uploaded my vaccine info and got approval a few days later but can’t seem to get the vaccine certificate. I assume that’s what you need when using the app? Does the app save any time versus showing your actual CDC vaccine card?
Back in May, I used the app and got a vaccination certificate from Indonesia, which was then useful for getting an EU QR code. Since then, I got another (bivalent, this time) booster, but have not been able to get the app to work for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom