Please confirm required vaccination status for Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Much appreciated. I’m taking 20 travelers to Bunaken/Lembeh and I’m getting nervous with all the questions they’re asking me. I wish that this app would disappear. All my travelers are double boosted. All that app does is add to the confusion.

Well better they get the app on their devices now and register online. For some it works first time ( like me ) for others it proves more troublesome. Plenty of FB groups for Indonesia traveling and diving you might want to look at for information.

20 divers at one time to Indonesia... sounds like trouble enough already

Question about whether updates are worth the bother. In preparation for a hoped for future trip, I downloaded the PeduliLindungi ap., struggled through the confusion and got the info. put in, some time later got confirmation my vaccine record was accepted, etc... At that point, I had both doses of the original Moderna vaccine, and 1 Moderna booster.

Since then, I've gotten a 2nd Moderna booster. From reading online, it seems some experts believe it may be wise to wait till about 4 months after the last booster before getting one of the new Omicron-specific booster doses, or else the high antibody level/vigorous immune response from the last booster might interfere with the benefits from the new one.

NPR Article 9-2-22 - There's no bad time to get a new COVID booster if you're eligible, CDC director says. From the article - "Some vaccine experts say that it would be better for people to wait until four months after their last COVID shot or infection for maximum efficacy, though Walensky suggests there is some gray area."

So if I get the Omicron booster, that'll make 2 boosters that aren't in my PeduliLindungi vaccine record.

Should I let sleeping dogs lie and let it alone, since I'm already down in it was fully vaccinated and boosted? I shudder to think about messing with it again.

Hi do you manage to upload the Canadian Vaccine Record, this seems like our ARRiveCan App waste of time .
Printed it and took a picture to get a Jpeg. I suspect a complete waste of time but if it saves me time in line in Bali worth it. At the moment I suspect it will do absolutely nothing for me!

I skipped the vaccination check line, went straight to the visa on arrival (VoA) booth, paid $35, got the VoA sticker on my passport (see the picture, below), went to immigration booth, handed in my passport. The officer scanned my passport, typed something on his computer, handed my passport back. Then I went to baggage area to claim my checked in baggage (dive gear) and dragged the bag to Custom booth, filled out the Custom declaration form, answered NO to all of the questions, handed off the form to the Custom officer. The officer welcomed me to the country and let me go to the exit gate. No fuss.

VoA sticker is good for 30 days. I got an extension for another 30 days (the stamped above the VOA sticker) since I stayed more that 30 days (6 weeks). Out side USA, the date is written as date/month/year.

7A6A273C-0B49-46CC-9111-18AFE404A29E.jpeg

Question about whether updates are worth the bother. In preparation for a hoped for future trip, I downloaded the PeduliLindungi ap., struggled through the confusion and got the info. put in, some time later got confirmation my vaccine record was accepted, etc... At that point, I had both doses of the original Moderna vaccine, and 1 Moderna booster.

Since then, I've gotten a 2nd Moderna booster. From reading online, it seems some experts believe it may be wise to wait till about 4 months after the last booster before getting one of the new Omicron-specific booster doses, or else the high antibody level/vigorous immune response from the last booster might interfere with the benefits from the new one.

NPR Article 9-2-22 - There's no bad time to get a new COVID booster if you're eligible, CDC director says. From the article - "Some vaccine experts say that it would be better for people to wait until four months after their last COVID shot or infection for maximum efficacy, though Walensky suggests there is some gray area."

So if I get the Omicron booster, that'll make 2 boosters that aren't in my PeduliLindungi vaccine record.

Should I let sleeping dogs lie and let it alone, since I'm already down in it was fully vaccinated and boosted? I shudder to think about messing with it again.
Why would you worry about it?
Indonesia only requires a completed course + booster. And as long as you have satisfied their entry requirement, they won't be interested on how many shots you actually had. Official is trained to follow orders.

I have not read anything on the 2nd booster but did take it(Aug) 6 months after my first(Feb). I would had waited for few more months if there was no sudden surge in infection locally.

Do not overthinking the issue. Enjoy your coming trip to Indonesia.

OK Part way there... Needed my vaccination certificate and the P app on phone to check in.
China Airlines from Taiwan ( not air china from China ) allows 23kg for economy checked in luggage and mine checked in 22.5kg.
That's my fins, xxl scuba pro black bcd, regs, spare spg, sharkskin top 4 tshirts 4 shorts 4 undies... flip flops some coffee and tea grown from plantations where I live. sharskin for the 16c water temp in Lombok. I might feel truly cold lol
They allow 7gk for hand carry but mine was 10.5kg they just put the approved on carry tag on my hand carry and said have a nice trip. Security liked my Perdix, Big Blue Video lights and Olympus TG6 and Go Pro in my hand carry. They also turned on one of my dive torches and nearly blinded themselves.
Very few travelers so from check in through security and immigration less than 15 minutes. Nice free airport lounge with showers for those even in transit.

79807782_10156653773575718_2943838728629518336_n.jpg
80726660_10156653773550718_9129856580047601664_n.jpg
81228598_10156653773440718_5385517951254265856_n.jpg

OK Part way there... Needed my vaccination certificate and the P app on phone to check in.
China Airlines Taiwan ( not air china from China )
There is no airway known as China Airlines Taiwan. Get it right.
Republic of China is a sovereign state and Taiwan is NOT. The front cover of her passport in classical Chinese read Republic of China. Like it or not.

Got thru the VOA and immigration and customs got my sim card all within 45 minutes of stepping off the plane. Longest wait was for luggage but was not too long.

Short walk to Novatel and used and airport trolley for my luggage.

Back
Top Bottom