Please confirm required vaccination status for Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

However, to your point this week I noticed my phone number wasn’t in my profile and I have been trying to enter it. It tries to send me some sort of code via WhatsApp or SMS that I never receive via either method. I have tried probably 7 or 8 times on multiple days this week
Same here, I have set up my account and try to add the phone number to no avail; wife is trying to get account set up, and no OTP.

Don't forget your PeduliLindungi app on your phone.
I was in Indonesia for 6 weeks in July & August. Didn't need to use the PeduliLindungi until I entered a shopping mall. Even when my buddy who didn't have the PeduliLindungi app, but carrying his vaccine card with him, was able to enter the Mall by showing the card to the Mall security guard. If you plan on just going to a resort, restaurant or boarding on a liveaboard, you won't need it. If you have some problems in getting the app approved, then just forget about it and visit Indonesia without it.

I did have to show the PeduliLindungi app to United when leaving the US last week (it was on the United Airlines checklist in order to get my boarding pass), but no one has required it since on way to Raja. United just made sure I had it, didn't check that it was fully working or anything.

Obviously authorities in Indonesia have looked at my vaccination card at least once, maybe twice while I have been here. I know they looked at my paper vaccination card at immigration when I arrived in Jakarta, Batik Airlines probably also looked at it in order to check in for flight to Sorong but I don't recall specifically. No one required anything for ferry from Sorong to Waisai, but boarding there was so haphazard someone else might experience something different (though I doubt it)

I set it up weeks ago. I can’t remember if I got a One Time Password or not (EDIT I looked back and I did receive a one time password via email that I am guessing I used at the time). I was able to enter all my info etc and I was able to submit some vaccine stuff for verification that shows as status pending .

However, to your point this week I noticed my phone number wasn’t in my profile and I have been trying to enter it. It tries to send me some sort of code via WhatsApp or SMS that I never receive via either method. I have tried probably 7 or 8 times on multiple days this week
I just did it today and it came through WhatsApp. They say you need to have What'sApp installed to get the OTP.

I hope that all this FUD is resolved before I go next year. Really not good for tourism.

I hope that all this FUD is resolved before I go next year. Really not good for tourism.
I am curious of what you are referring to? I went to Indo in May/June of this year right when they reopened and we had to have neg. test and wear masks everywhere. By the end of our 30 days in Indo the testing requirements for returning to US ended and masks were no longer required unless you were in a crowded area and even then people weren't wearing them. No one asked for the app except in the mall and all I had to do was show my vax. card. It was super easy and really stress free. I am going back at the end of the month and now we don't even have to test to go so really not much different than before all this started. Just have copies of your vax card, only install app on phone in case they ask at the airport and go have a good time. The boat crews and patrons were so happy to have us back and we really felt at home still. I think at this point in time we only have to really stress about airline delays and cancellations. I say this crossing my fingers and toes!! I will let you know if anything changes on the next trip.

As @Cali_diver said Indonesia now is like pre-Covid era. I was there for 6 weeks back in July & August. I’m coming back to Indonesia in November for Banda Sea with Pindito.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom