Suggestion Please cancel the "I'm A Fish" designation on dive experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
DandyDon

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
You see divers with half a dozen dives using it...!

The idea of putting number of dives on dive experience here so that it would show up on posts was actually mine :D I think. The TechAdmin in charge of stuff then and I were chatting, he liked it, just did it, and it's been very helpful in some discussions - as the response we may give to someone with 6 dives tend to be different than those with 60 or 600. Those who choose to list "Not Certified" but then want to post as if Experienced think they're funny, I suppose - but they cause confusion, and when one list "I'm a Fish," you have no idea...??

Walter:
Don, I agree.
I don't think I've seen that before...??
El Orans:
That is the original intent.
Ok, maybe put that suggestion beside that choice...?
sjspeck:
Then who's that in his profile picture??? :D
You believe everything you see on the net?

Have you bid on the bridge I'm selling on ebay yet? Nice location between Brooklyn and Manhantan.

sjspeck:
Then who's that in his profile picture??? :D
Hmmm ... 10W HID, singles rig, no scooter ... :confused:

Couldn't possibly be Lamont ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Hmmm ... 10W HID, singles rig, no scooter ... :confused:

Couldn't possibly be Lamont ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I can't remember who that is anymore, not sure where I got that picture from...

If you don't have logged dives in 5 digits

okay...35 years of diving...NO logged dives except for my Suunto. Yes, I dry labbed my 50 for my divemaster like this: Logged the most memorable sites, estimated the times I dove them.

I oppose logged dives...I am sure somebody out there logs. Me? Personally? have never known anyone who does. yea, I know..people say that it is done..But I swear I have never known one person (who I have ever dived with who does)

so---

leesa

Wildcard

Katekicks

JB

Jimbo

vbluev (he might, in the privacy of his home)

onfloat...ditto (he might..DIR and all) still, he is a family man and probably has other pressing priorities. I am guessing NO.

lazy turtle

Rockjock

sea nmf

chepar

just for starters ....I have never seen any logs...are you doing it in the closet?

Mike V

Dennis?

anybody I know, anywhere....do you log?

Do you balance your checkbook? I found the bank does it better. JB does it with a mechanical pencil ...to the penny.

I think it would be more useful to log your BP.

Come dive with me, Darlin'. I'll show you my logs (but I'm not close to 5 digits).

yea, but, Walter...you are special.

MOST divers out there are not logging...I know it, you know it...so why are we perpetuating this?

People don't balance their checkbooks either. They *kinda* know where they are at.

I have never bounced a check, but I don't actually 0 it out. Please...stop the madness.

Maybe some people do... but what is this taking time away from? Your children? exercise? your relationship? cleaning your house? your pets? your earning power?
shopping organic? I mean, give me one good reason to log other than you like to do it or the teacher told you you are supposed to. Techies...you are dismissed. Not you.

My dad used to make us log the mileage and the gas mileage on his cars when we drove them...so he would know when one needed a tune up. Meanwhile, he smoked a pack a day....go figure.

hey....now thats not nice.

terms like "retards" and "gay" need to go by the wayside.

people have it hard enough...so you can log, thats fine...but don't mock the short bus. damn South park. ..you do know those kids were born with the deck stacked against them?

I log my dives :) And I'd have to say that at least 80% of the divers who dive with us each day log theirs.

If I don't log 'em, how will I remember which critter was doing what where to whom each year :eyebrow:

And I think Lisa logs hers...:D

I started getting sloppy about logging dives in Hawaii when I did it every day as a business. I just kept a record of dive days. After I emigrated to America, I only dive for fun, but I can't log my dives until I get my Hawaii dive stuff reconciled so I don't mess up the pages.
I write the details down on paper since my 'puter only stores 10 dives. I have lots of dive paper all over my desk, but I keep it underneath everything so it doesn't get lost or torn.
My wife never pretended to even log her dives.
The Sensus Pro little black box looks like a good idea. I was going to get one of those at DEMA but I was too lazy to drive up to Orlando in my short bus...oops, I meant short bed Ford.
Also, what's wrong with using "gay" and/or "retard"? Without these two vitally important words in The English Language, everyone down here would just be staring at each other not quite knowing how to open a dialogue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom