Plastic crate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know where in the mainland US to get those plastic crates that the Zero G guys use in Mexico?

Mod note: I had no idea what the best place was to put this inquiry. Please move as appropriate.

Does anyone know where in the mainland US to get those plastic crates that the Zero G guys use in Mexico?

Mod note: I had no idea what the best place was to put this inquiry. Please move as appropriate.

If you (somehow) manage to find them (or decide to import some :)
I + buddies will take at least 3-5
Those things are way cool but all I can find here are ones that seem too flimsy and too short to hold fins.

Any pictures of these crates?

In Manila they have these big crates.... about the size of 2 US milk crates put together than come inside a big duffle... Perfect gear carrier....

I don't know what crates they use in Mexico, but I sometimes see big crates at auto supply places.

They are crates used in the agricultural business - fruits and vegetables.

Sell_H_240_Fruit_And_Veggie.jpg

Can't seem to find that specific model, but here's something:
LK Goodwin Co. - Material Handling Equipment

out of curiosity, what is the draw of these crates? It seems like water would leak all over your car....

they do look sturdy though

They are excellent crates for hauling your gear to/from dive sites if you're using a truck or other vehicle that water/sand isn't an issue. They are very sturdy and can take being sat on without collapsing and hold all your gear nicely for donning. I use them in Mexico obviously at the remote dive sites....throw out my rattan mat, don wetsuit, etc, and then turn over the crate to sit on to put on my rockboots.

Nifty crates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom