Plastic crate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

out of curiosity, what is the draw of these crates? It seems like water would leak all over your car....

they do look sturdy though

For me, it's nice to be able to
1) get my fins lengthwise in the crate (I think for XL Jets with spring straps, 26" is needed?)
2) I just either
- rent someone elses car (in Mexico) so water is not an issue
- put a rubber/plastic down in the back of the car to water just evaporates.

It's nice as all gear first in, and the holes let the water run out so your gear an dry and not collect nasty pools of water.

lots of these crates here in the Philippines for about $10 only :) Most of the dive bags manufactured locally are designed so they fit the crate with some extra room for fins.

I got a great oversize mesh duffel bag that has a nice hard plastic green crate (about the size of three milk crates) that fit right inside from Scuba IST.

It is great for day trips -- especially, because you can load up the duffel bag and the crate separate.

But I never tried to use it to fly my gear in fearing that a thief would see scuba gear and raid it.

(And Axua, my bag was from Phils)

Do you have a link?

Another option: search for item 4315T16 at McMaster-Carr

I have seen it (or similar) before -- I dont think it is long enough to get fins in.
It is 24" and I think 26" is needed for XL jets and spring straps.

The 32x24x16 one looks maybe even too big, but also seems to only come with a flat bottom (no holes)

I know we are probably just being too picky now :)

I guess fins may fit diagonally in a 24" box but its not 100% ideal

All, the crates they use at Zero Gravity are from Europlast. :: EUROPLAST ::. I have been trying to get them to return my emails without any success. Anyone have any ideas? I would like 50 of these crates. The key is they are 73cm which is pushing 28" and fits them XL JF's quite well. Any helpful ideas?

Greg

I finally got ahold of an individual in the US and he is getting me pricing, quantities and shipping details. Once I get this I will post the info and PM those that showed specific interest.

Greg

Add me to the list... I think there's a bunch of the SF bay area guys maybe we can combine an order to save on shipping

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom