Planning a dive trip, but to where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We Americans find it so hard to get to Asia that we think first of our own area. For you, it will be easy to get to Southeast Asia, Indonesia, etc. You will find excellent diving in Thailand and many other locals, and the prices are excellent in comparison to the west. When I was in Thailand, it was obvious that a lot of Scandanavians vacationed there.

Bonaire has been ruled out do to me not being able to find flight+hotel there for the week in question with this short warning..
At the moment im leaning towards Mexico, since Ill also have the chance to snorkel with the whalesharks there..

How about Sudan for a liveaboard - check out Tony Backhurst. The Red Sea's not too far for a week - Thailand/S.E. Asia is a bit far for a week with the 12hr. flights. If you don't fancy a liveaboard then Sharm-El-Sheik is pretty damn good too - check the Red Sea College.

If money is no object, how about Fiji or Tahiti? I haven't been to Tahiti, but Fiji is pretty unbeatable. While you are at it, how about Micronesia?

Tigerman:
At the moment im leaning towards Mexico, since Ill also have the chance to snorkel with the whalesharks there..
Mozambique and The Seychelles are good for whale sharks too.

Tigerman:
Bonaire has been ruled out do to me not being able to find flight+hotel there for the week in question with this short warning..
Bonaire
If you can get flights then I am sure the hotel will not be a problem. If you pm dvrliz1 I am sure she could give you some good pointers.

This year seems to be a very quiet huricane season but August / September is the most likely time for them.

The far east is, in my opinion, too far to go for 1 week. You would loose 2 to 3 days with travel and no fly time.

I think the red sea would be your best bet.

victor:
Bonaire
If you can get flights then I am sure the hotel will not be a problem. If you pm dvrliz1 I am sure she could give you some good pointers.

This year seems to be a very quiet huricane season but August / September is the most likely time for them.

The far east is, in my opinion, too far to go for 1 week. You would loose 2 to 3 days with travel and no fly time.

I think the red sea would be your best bet.
More or less anywhere I fly will do that, wont it? Except of course the day to arrive the destination.. The day I leave to go back home wont be much of an option to dive regardless of the length of the flight, will it?
From my experience, the day youre flying goes to waste with checking into the hotel and stuff for sure.. Could push in a night dive tho? :p

With regards to Bonaire btw, I have not found flights nor Hotels if I wish to be there week 33 :/

Hey Tigerman! I live in Playa del Carmen, Mexico...across from Cozumel. And I must say the diving here is just as spectacular as there. I'll say this: there are definitely more animals and schools of fish on this side. We have cenotes/caves, shipwreck, walls, seahorses and I am also running the whaleshark trips from here. I could make you a package where I pick you up from the airport, take you up to Isla Holbox National Park. Stay the night, then early the next morning your in the water with WHALE SHARKS!!! Its an awesome adventure! Once we return to Playa del carmen, I can have you a hotel and all the diving you want waiting. :D Let me know if you have any questions about the diving out of Playa del Carmen. Check out my web site and myspace page for cool underwater videos from here.

www.fantaseadive.com
www.myspace.com/fantaseadive

Flights to Bonaire from Europe are, normally night flights so you can dive on the day you arrive.

Week 33 is the 12 to 18 August?
If yes then KLM from Amsterdam to Bonaire Eur 1858 Depart Amsterdam 23:35 arrive Bonaire 03:20
Drink loads of water on the flight and get a good nights sleep and you can be in the water by midday Saturday. with more than 8 hors sleep behind you. Fly back the followin Sunday depart 13:55 in schipol at 05:00 monday in time to get a commuter flight back to Norway.

Wee after (out 17th back 25th) 1563 euro's

As this is low season in Bonaire I doubt there would be any difficulty in getting a hotel.

Go on give Bonaire a chance, it is a beautiful place to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom