Places To stay/eat Frontierin Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayfarmlaw

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok...not sure what happened when typing the title. Spastic thumb I guess. Looking at a quick sharkdive trip before we head to Belize. Frontier has $116 fare in March to Orlando. This will have to be a budget trip for 3 days of diving. WAnting to dive with JDC. Any cheap, but decent, places to stay close to the dive shop and where do the locals eat? Found a few Airbnb for $60 a night.

It will probably be just me so lodging standards require a somewhat comfortable bed, mostly hot shower, and parking lot that the car will be there when I wake up to leave. A local of bugs would be good too...

Thanks,
Jay

Last edited:
JDC is great. I dive with them often. Usually one or two hunters on board.

Check Frontier into West Palm (PBI). Usually the same cheap price, but much closer to Jupiter.

The Square grouper is close to JDC and on the canal, water front. It's a local favorite. Usually live music at night too. Simple food, but good.

There's a bunch of restaurants around, but I haven't personally visited them yet, so I'll leave others to comment on them.

We've stayed at the La Quinta a few times for weekend dive trips with JDC.

Dune Dog Cafe, close to JDC, is a fun place to eat after diving. I'll second the rec for Square Grouper, too, though I would rather have a drink there and eat somewhere else.

If you haven't already checked, JDC has deals with some local hotels. Hit their website and look under faqs. If you use their links to the hotels you'll see their discounts (some require phone calls and mention JDC). I've used them before at the Hampton Inn in Jupiter (there are others). Have fun. :)

Used to live in the Jupiter area. When I get back in town I tend to eat at:

-Burrito Bros: good burritos and bbq: very very causual
-Dune Dog: outdoor seating at picnic tables: good hot dogs, great dolphin sandwich
-Guanabana: super nice atmosphere on a leg of the intracoastal. Food is decent, though not outstanding for the price, this one is all about the tropical atmosphere. I like their fish tacos..... if you ask nicely, they may still make a fish burrito for you (it wasn't on the menu last time I was there but I asked and they made one for me)
-Rocco's Taco's (not sure if I spelled that right). Good tex/mex. I like the original location on Clematis Street in downtown WPB the best, but there is another one on PGA Blvd which is very close to Jupiter.

I haven't been to the following recently, but I used to enjoy these places because they always had really good caught-that-day fish. These a bit pricier than the others listed above but the food is outstanding:
-Hog Snappers in Tequesta
-Leftovers
-Food Shack

Last edited:
Putting another good word in for Dune Dog. The sea dogs are my favorite!

.... Frontier has $116 fare in March to Orlando. This will have to be a budget trip ...
Your Baggage fees might be higher than your airfare.

Locals eat breakfast at "The Nook" which is right around the corner from JDC

Tiger Sharks are seen often in Mid-March in Jupiter !!

Agree with most of the above. There are good hotels near PGA area and lots near the 45th street exit on 95. This is about 20 minute drive from the shop. Love dune dogs for an after dive bite less than a 1/4 mile from the shop. Trip advisor has accurate reviews for the area eats. I live here and have not been misguided by them.

Definately fly into west palm airport. Easy in and out and good deals on rental cars there too. JDC is tops for my diving in the area. Very professional and safe.

Leftovers really good food. If you can fly jet blue then bag fees can be reduced or rent from them the items are well maintained. If you need a local dive buddy then IM me ill see if I can get off to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom