Placencia Belize Dive Op Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KJBond

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I did some searching in the forms and found some recommendations but many of them were many years old. I was wondering if anyone has dove with the dive operators out of Placencia recently? Would you dive with them again? and any thing you liked or dis liked about them?

i have found three main operations Splash , Sea Horse & Avadon

Any input would be great! Thanks

I have sent several clients to dive with Splash dive shop in Placencia and they all had a great time and gave good reviews.

Gaz

And I had someone here last week who had greatly enjoyed his dives with Seahorse.

I think all three are excellent, so unless you can visit them all to see for yourself you're just going to have to choose!

I have heard wonderful things about Splash Dive Center. We get many guests who backpack/dive throughout Central America and I always ask them where they have been diving during their trek. Most of the ones who have gone to Placencia have dived with Splash and I have only heard good things.

While I have not dived with Splash personally, I did train its current owner (Patty Ramirez) about ten years ago, and she is an amazing person. I have no doubt that she runs a top notch operation.

You can check Splash out at splashbelize.com on our new website.
To contact us e-mail Patty at splashbelize@yahoo.com.
The contact on the website will not work for a few more days due the switch over to the new website.
Regards
Ralph

I dove with Splash in early May with a small group for several Whale Shark and Reef dives. One of the best dive shops I've dove with. Good boats, excellent dive crews, the owner, Patty, went of her way to make sure everything went smoothly. I highly recommend this dive shop.

As a bit of a follow up, we ended up diving with Avadon. They were amazing top notch service! We did not only plan our diving through them but also all of our land based tours. We told them which we wanted to do and they organized our whole trip so we could do them all! The staff is wonderful, helpful, polite, and most of all attentive! All their rental gear looked almost brand new. The boat was pristine. Could not have asked for a better trip. We highly recommend Avadon for any and all activities around Placencia!

We will be staying in Ambergris Caye and are debating between Island Divers and Chuck and Robbies. We are all a bunch of new divers. Any thoughts about the two operations?

Edit: Nevermind, see this thread is about Placencia. I'll take my question to an appropriate thread! Sorry!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom