Piranha dive mfg regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One question to ask is who is going to service it in South Korea? For that price I'm guessing it would be an annual.
We will have rebuild kits for these by spring time!
Next spring or do they need to update the listing? Most likely any generally competent service tech could do the service when needed.

The HOG reg on the same page - although $100 more - already has an established dealer network. Do a search here - you'll find mostly positive reviews. HOG even provides user service training courses to divers holding a basic tech certification if that's of interest.

I buy from Piranha (lights/acc. not regs) and have absolutely no complaints about their products or service.

So access to servicing is really the biggest issue with in house gear it seems eh'?
The South Korea aspect I am not to worried about as I returned home to Canada every year for a bit, but then again could I get it serviced in Canada?
I've been looking at the hog gear for a while as well! Seems super solid from all the good word being passed around on the forums.

Thanks for the input Diversteve!

The question is not getting it serviced but getting parts for it. Ask him if the kits are in, the web site may be out of date. If you can get parts you can have it serviced almost anywhere as most regulators (there are some exceptions) do not vary much in design. At $79.00 you could dive it for two years and sell it on ebay an then purchase another when you return to Canada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom