Pictures from a trip to BVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With what resolution was this picture taken or did you down scale the resolutuion to up load it? I get a very unsharp picture when I try to work with it.

Wow nice pics, i have been reading the forums till my brain is going to explode about the 5050. Sitting here wishing i had one but out of work at the moment sitting here wishing i had a nice cam everyone seems to really like the 5050 and really good reviews... sitting here out of work at the moment wishing i had some money :54:

Get a call What Oh My my state refund came back and i can now buy one and a housing :bounce:

Life is good again, now i just need to order it :bounce:

Peggy, I played with your pic in Photoshop a little. I applied the "mandrake process" to it as well as adjusted the contrast and sharpness.
I'm not sure if you used your internal strobe on this shot or not.
One thing I discovered with taking photos of white subjects is the strobe blows them out. I am still trying to master that. I started turning down my external strobe setting as well as compensating with the camera's aperture and speed settings.

abq.sized.jpg

Justaleesa -- I scaled it down quite a bit to post it. I can email a full version if you'd like to play with it.

Gilligan -- I tried the "mandrake" process but didn't like what it was doing to the coral. I like what you have done better than what I was getting. And yes, I used in internal strobe. I have flash set to fill. I set exposure compensation to -0.7 (when you hold on the +/- control). And flash intensity set to 0.0 (when you hold both the flash and +/- control at the same time). I have the camera set to P mode. I have noticed that I seem to be blowing out white areas quite frequently. Would you recommend setting the flash intensity down too? I wish I had the opportunity to dive more.

By the way -- thanks for all the information on your web site -- it was very helpful in figuring all of this stuff out.

Peggy, turning the internal strobe up or down will not solve the issue. Been there, done that. IMHO the answer lies in using the "M" mode where you can compensate for various conditions and subjects with the F stops and shutter speeds as well as the internal strobe if needed.
It makes a world of difference. I truly believe the "P" mode is next to worthless underwater because the camera is on full automatic and cannot compensate for the underwater conditions.
Even on land I find myself shooting a photo in the "P" mode followed by a few in the "M" mode. The manual mode photos are better every time.

Gilligan:
It makes a world of difference. I truly believe the "P" mode is next to worthless underwater because the camera is on full automatic and cannot compensate for the underwater conditions.

Gilligan -- thanks, looks like I need to start playing with the manual modes. I guess that will give me something to do until I can get wet again.

Oh Man Lucky Girl, (lucky girl with awsome pics)
I had the Pleasure of taking 2 weeks to tour the BVI on a friends boat. Did my cherry dive at the Rhone! But that's all we dove :( (newbe's)
That was the absolute best trip of my life, I think about it every day and it was over a year ago now.
We did snorkel alot and I thought they had such rich reefs.
The real question is, Did you jump off the Willie T?

Abril:
Oh Man Lucky Girl, (lucky girl with awsome pics)
I had the Pleasure of taking 2 weeks to tour the BVI on a friends boat. Did my cherry dive at the Rhone! But that's all we dove :( (newbe's)
That was the absolute best trip of my life, I think about it every day and it was over a year ago now.
We did snorkel alot and I thought they had such rich reefs.
The real question is, Did you jump off the Willie T?
OK...what's a cherry dive?

Around here your cherry dive is the first one you make as a certified diver after OW class. Mine was in Cozumel on Columbia Shallows....I'll never forget it.

Dee:
Around here your cherry dive is the first one you make as a certified diver after OW class. Mine was in Cozumel on Columbia Shallows....I'll never forget it.
I see....mine was Hurgahda, Red Sea.....would love to go back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom