Trip Report BVI Aggressor Review: AMAZING VACATION, GREAT LIVEABOARD, GREAT CREW.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even if a LOB doesn’t specifically recommend it, it’s still a good idea. Not only so your luggage arrives on time, but so you arrive on time. I find it more relaxing to arrive at least the day before and chill a bit. Have a nice dinner and check out the area. I might do same day for a short/low risk flight (which is rarely the case for us with connections) but wouldn’t plan a 5pm arrival, I’d be stressed out.
(But then, I prefer to stay a few days after too, extend the vacation. Beats rushing off the LOB early am, instead can take our time and be sitting around a pool someplace instead of an airport. Or diving some more.)

Another alternative to getting to your destination a day early, is to plan your flight with an overnight stopover if the times work. For us that can mean leaving our house at a more civilized hour, a good meal and sleep someplace, then another civilized-hour flight that can get us to our destination earlier in the day.

I usually fly out with my wetsuit and fins in the carry on, along with mask, computers, and a swim suit, shorts, and T-shirt. If I have to rent a BC and reg, so it goes. It just struck me that they made a bigger deal of it for this specific site than any of the others I’ve been to, Cocos Island excepted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom