Picked up a (not so) new reg from FB marketplace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiebs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Purge cover wasn't sitting quite right so is a little mishapen and has signs of starting to perish. The adjustment knob stem is a little bent. Otherwise doesn't seem to be in too bad condition. Chrome is in very good nick, and the diapraghm looks in good shape too.

I'm new to the older SP regs, but I'm guessing this is a 156? Time to go through some of the old threads on this reg - the grey poppet is reusable, right? Just change the soft seat? Does it come in a kit, or do I have to fashion my own out of a suitable piece of rubber?
IMG_20220523_130439.jpg

IMG_20220523_125115.jpg
IMG_20220523_125321.jpg
IMG_20220523_125135.jpg

Looks like a very nice find, with the metal parts in very good shape. Just needs a little clean up. It is a 156.

I don`t see the orifice in your pics. You know that you need to unscrew that from the barrel to replace an oring?

There was a thread on straightening a bent knob. I wouldn`t be brave enough to try it, fearing I would break the stem and pop the knob off.

You can get a replacement diaphragm cover here

The poppet is reusable. The service kit does include a seat.

PM sent, You may be able to acquire the parts.

Edit: In Australia.

Very Nice find.

@axxel57 will know the definitive answer re the true model number.

The seat: Make Servicing your own regulators or purchase a standard puck seat and drill a hole in it.

The Scubapro seat part number is: 11.108.101 (PM @buddhasummer) and can be found in service kits for the G200, M5, M50, R190 and many others. The Trident seats that can be used are AA88 or A119.

Edit: You'll also need the following o-rings.
Poppet stem: 2.2mm X 1.0mm (2 each)
Orifice: -902
Adjustment knob: -011

Again, @buddhasummer in Japan can put this kit together for you (or I can, but shipping to Down Under is a killer from the US)

Good luck and keep us posted on the rebuild.

couv

Share the info with all please.
it's just a guy I use here for parts hard to acquire, most often overpriced.
Postage to the US would be $$$+, expensive enough here.
I will not go on, there is a good chance he is on this site and I will "burn my bridges", as it were.
I hope you understand.

Back
Top Bottom