Phuket, why I never go back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are a funny guy Khram. You would rather take anecdotal evidence, and cite that as as "proof" of your argument than a solid figure which at least gives (with caveats) a starting point for discussion.

The facts I have stated are true and concise, they are anything but anecdotal, like I said, they are actual events of which I am fully aware of the circumstances. Like I said before a good website to start looking at rather than quoting nonsence on here is Pattaya One News Online - Our News Is Always New There's a pointer for a start, there are many more similar websites.
Ok you said you quoted a solid figure which is a good starting point for discussion, then fine, lets start, answer my question above and give it some relavence to this discussion and some basic substance for discussion, instead of one meaningless number. Or continue to go around with your eyes and ears closed.
Untill you bring something of sence to this discussion i am wasting no more time replying to your nonsence, you are clearly deluded.
And yes scuba steve, i agree with your last post entirely, I am beginning to think this guy is a complete fool.

, I am beginning to think this guy is a complete fool.

You removed any doubt about yourself a long time ago Khram. This thread just fits with your ongoing "pattaya bashing". Its no surprise to anyone.

I believe him, this crap goes on all over the world.....

What's wrong with you people? Someone posts a personal story as a warning to other tourists. You can take it or leave it. What makes no sense whatsoever is attacking his veracity and then demanding that his post gets deleted or moved or sent to another board or locked in some scubaboard jail. Just move on. It's in the Thailand forum, the OP clearly isn't a master of the english language (or a student of wit like most of you curmudgeons), and it's pertinent to travel in a well known dive holiday tourist town.

But aside from all of that, what really amazes me were the incessant demands that he defend himself or "fill in the holes of the alleged incident" that came in on an regular basis.

Maybe he works for a living and can't get on the board. Maybe his computer crashed. Hell, maybe he was diving.

Please try to keep things as relatively civil as some of you are capable of.

I need new booties and I live in Thailand.
happy?

You removed any doubt about yourself a long time ago Khram. This thread just fits with your ongoing "pattaya bashing". Its no surprise to anyone.

I am most certainly not Pattaya bashing, my bashing in the past was about specific poor dive shops. if I hated Pattaya and wanted to run the place down, why do i live there?
As I said In my last post about your 'statistic', answer my questions and turn a single number into usefull statistics that can be discussed, if you are capable of doing that?
So my suggestion to you is just put up or shut up.

sorrey to all for my spelling i went work at 15 and i think it is petty for the ones who make that something. i want you all to know i have copeys of hospital bill dated and cope of police report 3 days later and the agrement they had me sign saying i sliped on the floor and i took photos of my room with blood on most every wall and the floor. more to the storey ,and no the aloha villa is not a dive hotel and yes i did come to scuba dive . this site has helped me out alot that is why i posted this to try to help someone out,i would tell more about the storey but i dont know how detail to get,thank you all who understand what i hosted this for.

sorrey to all for my spelling i went work at 15 and i think it is petty for the ones who make that something. i want you all to know i have copeys of hospital bill dated and cope of police report 3 days later and the agrement they had me sign saying i sliped on the floor and i took photos of my room with blood on most every wall and the floor. more to the storey ,and no the aloha villa is not a dive hotel and yes i did come to scuba dive . this site has helped me out alot that is why i posted this to try to help someone out,i would tell more about the storey but i dont know how detail to get,thank you all who understand what i hosted this for.

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience here in Phuket and don't want to come back anymore. It must be frustrating for you to not really know what happened and why you ended up the way you did (in a hospital bed with an emptied wallet).
What keeps puzzling me though is that you yourself has no idea what actually did happen to you other than that you ended up in the hospital and that there was a lot of blood in your hotel room.
If you had been mugged or in a struggle in your hotel room one would think you would have remembered at least some part of that or that other people in the hotel would have noticed / heard something.
If you had (you wrote you had a few) some drinks maybe you did fall and hurt yourself or maybe you got in some trouble (a fight) before you came back in your hotel room.
I guess there are plenty of possibilities of actually what could have happened to you that day but the only person able to let us know is you.

Wow, this, from the guy who has "Happiness is a bad Memory" in his sig....

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience here in Phuket and don't want to come back anymore. It must be frustrating for you to not really know what happened and why you ended up the way you did (in a hospital bed with an emptied wallet).
What keeps puzzling me though is that you yourself has no idea what actually did happen to you other than that you ended up in the hospital and that there was a lot of blood in your hotel room.
If you had been mugged or in a struggle in your hotel room one would think you would have remembered at least some part of that or that other people in the hotel would have noticed / heard something.
If you had (you wrote you had a few) some drinks maybe you did fall and hurt yourself or maybe you got in some trouble (a fight) before you came back in your hotel room.
I guess there are plenty of possibilities of actually what could have happened to you that day but the only person able to let us know is you.

If you go to phuket, spend the extra money for a sofitel, sheraton or other big name hotels. You get more peace of mid. The world economy is on a downturn, crime is on an upturn. So travelers should beware. I have been to phuket, it is a big city. And I am not surprise that tourist are targeted. I have seen some of the hotels there, and I would not stay at most of them.

There is no reason to remove this thread, it is just some added info for fellow divers to consider.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom