Phuket Sandbox from 1st Jul 2021.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Treat everyone fair and square and there would not be much discontent.
Tourists are required all those restrictions and only contributed 91 cases. How about Thai? The mandatory three swab tests for tourists are NOT required for them!

Phuket Covid 19: Costs of forced repeated tests threaten Canadian Sandbox holiday

The comment made by others are far more interesting !!
I would have my post deleted and warned in SB had I used some of the colourful words expressed.

That article smells like a hit piece of the 'KOH TAO IS DEATH ISLAND' type. The three tests required for sandbox cost 8000 baht in total, per person. For domestic travel between provinces, rules vary, but AFAIK for most cases all you need is a rapid test that costs a few hundred baht.

I am just sitting on the other side of the fence and looking at the situation through the press ONLY because there is no other way to know the fine detail.
The initial opening(Sandbox) was successful and the weekly infection was kept well below the max of 90 allowed. Then lo and behold the infection suddenly gone banana. Why?

Phuket's Covid cases rising, especially among migrant workers
Blame the migrant workers!!!!! Were they allowed to work without vaccination?
Governor: Phuket virus surge at crisis level
Blame the migrant workers again!

How about the Gov of Phuket and what has they done in the beginning?
It is always easy to blame someone else than themselves.

Does not make any sense at all.
Fully vaccinated requires 7 days of quarantine
Unvaccinated requires only 10 days!!!! This virus has ridiculous long incubation period as we had found out in HK or other places.

Many countries have given exemption to fully vaccinated person as long as a negative PCR test done, with an accredited agency, within 72hrs from the point of departure is presented.

Could well be asking for trouble.

No need for quarantine when they return to UK. But they still need to be staying at a SHA for the first 7 days in the Kingdom!!
Remove the 7 days and the SHA requirement!!!!
Treat all the fully vaccinated tourists same as Thai.
Fair and square.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom