Phuket Sandbox from 1st Jul 2021.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8,000 baht(~US$240.00) for three tests!!!!! What a robbery.

I paid 3500 baht for a single preflight test when I was coming home in March, so 8000 baht for three is already a reduction :wink:

I believe they're looking at replacing two out of three tests with rapid ones, with the aim of halving the cost of testing.

I'll wait . . .

Sigh

I paid 3500 baht for a single preflight test when I was coming home in March, so 8000 baht for three is already a reduction :wink:

I believe they're looking at replacing two out of three tests with rapid ones, with the aim of halving the cost of testing.
There should NOT be double standard. Period.

I paid 3500 baht for a single preflight test when I was coming home in March

That's still cheaper than the UK

We are at USD41 per PCR test in the UAE

Sandboxed tourists have spent 524,000 nights at Phuket hotels

32,005 of tourists with 91 confirmed cases ie. 0.284%.
I believe they have to stay in certain approved places, quarantine may be necessary, required swap 3 tests etc etc.
I am pretty sure none of those applied to Thai nationals yet they scored overwhelming majority 90%+ in infection.
It just does not make any sense at all.
1621 cases over past 7 days!

Govt to entice rich expats
Would you like to stay in a country where foreign nationals are being treated like a third class citizen?

Their country, their rules. I'm not particularly bothered by the restrictions. For what it's worth, I just got a flex ticket with Etihad to go to Phuket and back, aiming at late October through December, longer if I can get a visa extension; embassy appointment for a 60-day TR visa is on Friday. I'll go for the 'remote worker' visa if and when it becomes available, provided it doesn't have some ridiculous requirements like $500k/year income or employment by a Fortune 500 company, but for now the TR visa should be good enough.

Their country, their rules. I'm not particularly bothered by the restrictions. For what it's worth, I just got a flex ticket with Etihad to go to Phuket and back, aiming at late October through December, longer if I can get a visa extension; embassy appointment for a 60-day TR visa is on Friday. I'll go for the 'remote worker' visa if and when it becomes available, provided it doesn't have some ridiculous requirements like $500k/year income or employment by a Fortune 500 company, but for now the TR visa should be good enough.
One minute they want tourists to visit the Kingdom, next minute they demonstrated how bias they can be. Reading a lot of grievances on expats complaining on vaccine distribution ie. priority was given to Thai first!
Anyway, enjoy your stay.

One minute they want tourists to visit the Kingdom, next minute they demonstrated how bias they can be.

'They' are not a monolithic entity. Those who make their living from tourism obviously want the foreigners to come, while the public health authorities would like nothing more than for everyone to lock themselves into solitary confinement for however long it takes for the pandemic to pass. Some kind of compromise is eventually reached.

Reading a lot of grievances on expats complaining on vaccine distribution ie. priority was given to Thai first!

An expat friend of mine got two shots of Sinovac fairly early on, and then a choice of Pfizer or AZ for a third shot a couple of weeks ago. Cases differ.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom