Phuket-Koh Tao Bashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didnt both PADI and SSI sponsor the Bio Rock?

Didnt SSI donate dive computers etc to fund raising events for the Save koh tao partys Including one at big blue.?

Anyhow back to the subject Jamie loves to dive ancient wrecks ! He loves to compare one old wreck with another !!

Phuket V Koh tao Good job Indonesia isnt here it would beat them both.:cool2:

mae okd story, isn't it?

when i first arrived in Thailand 20 yrs ago , the islands had great diving but terrible to live on, no electricity, phones, fresh milk , schools, banks.....

now the infrastucture has improved, the islands are now not 'unspoilt'

i have to say i like it here better now.

the only thing that spoils it for me is the tourists! especialy the ones on ATVs and the ones that moan there's too many tourists.

Stiggy, going to move to Indo then? right..........

Jamie

Emma's a sweetheart who loves to have her chin stroked.

Anyway, I heard the de-thumbed fellow was trying to feed her sausages.
So it's no wonder the old girl got a bit confused - he's really lucky she went for his thumb and not something else dangling from his body :wink:

They seem to like thumbs
YouTube - Moray Eel eats Thumb

Didnt both PADI and SSI sponsor the Bio Rock?

Didnt SSI donate dive computers etc to fund raising events for the Save koh tao partys Including one at big blue.?

Anyhow back to the subject Jamie loves to dive ancient wrecks ! He loves to compare one old wreck with another !!

Phuket V Koh tao Good job Indonesia isnt here it would beat them both.:cool2:

Sure it was a nice gesture to donate a dive computer, its a small step but a good one . But if i was a major certification company that needed there to be good diving here and attract people to make money AND use the eco side of things as marketing then i would expect more from not just SSI but all certification agencies who make money from Koh Tao.

So i;m not going to bash SSI or PADI but i do think when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is - with respect to environment initiatives - it seems it's limited to special edition cert cards and.. as you mentioned... a antiquated single gas dive computer

As for Jamie.. he was here before the prisoners.. i think he got his house in the land division :p

very nearly.....

the diving's still good, it's the divers that spoil it

J

How do you know, maybe they just came from there and stuck around on Koh Tao. What a lot of you at the Andaman side don't seem to get is that Koh Tao has a feel to it that attracts many people and because of this 'vibe' they hang out there and stay there, despite the fact that everything is 'better' in Phuket.

That is the whole point, with all due respect, TimA, here's another new guy, who probably never dived this side and his opinion is already made up.

This is an open board, the 'whole' world watches this, why don't you guys promote Thailand first and after that your regional waters. After 11 pages we're back to square one.

I can see the sun shining out of all your ..... from here, that's how good it is in Phuket, must be really amazing :dork2:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom