Photos From Beautiful BALI!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i did tulamben 2 weeks ago and encounterd the very same school of jacks. played with them a bit during my safety stop. what a lovely bunch :)
i seem to remember that sea fan too, was it the very big one at the end of the drop off? not a seasoned enough diver yet to spot the little fellas though :(
nice pics! bring back good memories...

monke:
i did tulamben 2 weeks ago and encounterd the very same school of jacks. played with them a bit during my safety stop. what a lovely bunch :)
i seem to remember that sea fan too, was it the very big one at the end of the drop off? not a seasoned enough diver yet to spot the little fellas though :(
nice pics! bring back good memories...

Thanks Jason, Monke & Billy!

Yup! It's the same group of jacks and seafan at drop off! I'm glad it brought back some good memories! :wink:

Ed.

Nice shots Ed!!! hahaha, that brings back memories of those painful rocks at tulamben on exiting!!

Ooh, are those last two shots of Ulu Watu?

pakman:
Nice shots Ed!!! hahaha, that brings back memories of those painful rocks at tulamben one exiting!!

Ooh, are those last two shots of Ulu Watu?

Thanks Pak! No Pain, No Gain!
Yup! Uluwatu, it is! Beautiful place! :D

Ed.

You definitely see some beautiful sunsets from uluwatu... even better if you're a surfer!

What is Uluwatu like Mike? I"m looking for somewhere in Bali to spend another week after Mike's course. I would like to see the Mola Mola too.

Diver Dennis:
What is Uluwatu like Mike? I"m looking for somewhere in Bali to spend another week after Mike's course. I would like to see the Mola Mola too.

Uluwatu is a point south of the airport where there is a cliffside temple and some of the most impressive surfing waves on Bali. Nice place to visit with your girl friend to catch the sunset, but not a diving spot...

Hmm... I'm not that familiar with diving in Bali. I just did Tulamben and some drift dives over in Nusa Penida (south of Sanur). I think my friends said they saw Mola Mola and Manta around Nusa Penida last year around this time of year.

If you're adventurous, supposedly there are some interesting dive sites over in Southwest Lombok - possible schooling hammerheads? (search the General Asia forum/ I had posted an inquiry on this and got some responses on it from a local Bali dive club)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom