Photographers please work on your buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2:
I attended a seminar in Oz and the marine biologist said diver damage to reefs is neglagable the main culprit to declining reefs is run off.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind. I have seen this effect vary from the undeveloped parts of and ilsand to the other. Look at Roatan, Utila, Tobago and more. Talking siltation, here.

drbill:
I am loveable, aren't I? Actually I fell asleep last night with thoughts of what I was going to write in a PM to a fellow SB member... and remembered it in the morning.

Look forward to the Avalon pix, Catherine. Gulp... if the best time in your life was whgen you were here, maybe I shouldn't consider moving there like I have been!

well, Bill what can I say? There is so much to be said for jumping in a helicopter and being at Fashion Island in 15 minutes! I would say Catalina is the ultimate gated community! You would probably love Hawaii though!

catherine96821:
well, Bill... I would say Catalina is the ultimate gated community! You would probably love Hawaii though!

Coming from Hamilton Cove (a gated community within a "gated community") must have been THE ultimate! However crime has increased in our small town over the past few years... mainly petty thefts and small time burglaries but also rapes. Sad in a town where I used to leave my door unlocked even when I left the island for vacations.

However, to keep on topic, yes run-off has been a major factor in the decline of many reef systems globally, not to mention the reefs near the Florida Keys.

Back
Top Bottom