Photographers, cry with me....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, man, I'm so sorry. If you have any prints they could be scanned. Do your parents have any photo albums? Siblings, other relatives? Maybe put the word out.

Jack

Lisa, I am so sorry. Just so you know I understand. Back in the mid 60's we lost our home to a fire and there was nothing left. On wall and a front porch were standing. Family helped with some pictures, but there were many that were just gone.

Been there, still ache over it.

35 years ago (!) about a year after my mom died, my Dad "packed up the house" while I was away at school and all the pictures/negatives/slides I'd taken from 5 on were dumped -- along with my collection of old cameras (and my saxophone).

I'm quite sure that TSandM is glad he did it!

I understand what you are going through. I had the same experience due to a hurricane just over a year ago. At of all the things I lost the pictures were the hardest things to lose but, my family was able to help with extra photos. Thanks to them we were able to get a lot of the back. Now I always get doubles printed when I develop film and distribute them to family.

I don't know if that is an option for you but, ask relatives if they have any extras they could part with.

Thanks guys...Like you say Peter, I'm never going to get over it...never really.

Before I left I sat down with my kids and split up all the pictures and kept the negatives for myself...so they might have the pictures, but it is the part of getting them that isn't going to happen, just like I didn't get the negatives....everyone is too busy.

Good tip Blue Tide! Now that I have digital I have everything a few times over.

OMG. I am so, so, so sorry.

I can NOT imagine the loss of my two decades of film - at the high water mark, about 4 miles a year - I would have my face in a martini glass for days. Thankfully most of it is in fireproof storage at the newspaper.

And for you, it's even more crushing of a loss because of the memories.

Mrs. Fdog and I have a "fire drill" for the house... grab the cats, and pull the RAID hard drive from the server...leave everything else.

OMG.

All the sympathetic best, James

Back
Top Bottom