Photo Gallery Issues...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 0x95 -quality 80 -geometry 0x95 '/home/zephyr/public_html/gallery/data/500/thumbs/After1.jpg'

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 0x95 -quality 80 -geometry 0x95 '/home/zephyr/public_html/gallery/data/500/thumbs/After1.jpg'

Me too.

All the best, James

Well initially the photo would not upload from my drive at all but in the end the pictue uploaded when I took it straight from my website but would not build the thumbnail. Not a big deal for this picture....I just wanted the problem known.

Posted via Mobile Device

You have a 40 Gb desktop HD, and smaller on your laptop?

I was in error: my laptop is 40gb (37@) and my desk top is 149GB. Was at work, and memory isn't what it used to be (never was all that good before!).

Are those at the top of your list to replace? Or, supplement? The laptop HD just needs to be replaced with 100+Gb, a 5-10 minute self do job, then reload your OS, programs, documents copied to Ext HD. The desktop may have room to just add a second HD.

New laptop has to wait a while with the current economy.
Desk top has double HD now, but 2nd of that is a Ghost. Intend to get the external ASAP

I have the Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2. You should get the same choices that I do...??

No matter how I approach it my 3.2 Adobe PS Starter program will not allow me any option for e-mail other than the Outlook, but I am finding a way around the problem.

Earlier tonight I shot a couple pics, downloaded them into PS3.2, edited them there, then drag and dropped them into new folder in 'my pics', where I could then re-size them.
Now I am back to the bottleneck of the upload to SB site. Aprox 33% success rate, even loading re-sized pics one at a time. Interesting how those downloads fail one time, and load the next without a hitch. Also very interesting how that second window in the download action often has the same pics that earlier failed to load, or have already been downloaded re appearing. Beginning to see how so many doubles occur! :crash:

You have been a very great help to me threw all this Don. You've given me a lot to absorb in a short time, but it's gradually coming together better for me thanks to all the suggestions you've made. Thank you many times over!!!:party:

Now I see I'm listed as having posted165 photos! At my last count I was at abt 98, and of those at least 6 to 8 must have been doubles. Somehow the site must be logging all the failed uploads as pics, even if the actual photo never got there!!! Again::crash: and :deadhorse:

New laptop has to wait a while with the current economy.
Desk top has double HD now, but 2nd of that is a Ghost. Intend to get the external ASAP
No no, not a new puter. Especially not now with XP in it closing years of support and Visa being rejected by so many. Just new Hard Drives. This one may not fit your laptop, only showing for example, but here is a 160 Gb HD that can be installed yourself in 5-10 min for $46: Western Digital Scorpio 2.5in 160GB SATA 150MB/s Laptop/Notebook Hard Drive WD1600BEVS, 5400RPM, RoHS Compliant. OEM - Discount Online Store Dallas Texas
  1. Go to your Add/Remove Programs to take screen shots of all of your programs. I use this free utility a lot daily and works easier than Paint for this: Free Screen Capture - ScreenHunter - Best Free Screen Capture Software Home
  2. Visit your manufacture's website to learn exactly what specs you need for a new HD and print out the simple instructions. Only one tool needed - a tiny phillips screw driver altho you do need to be careful about static electricity.
  3. Shop around to obtain one online, your local geek store, or at Walmart 24/7 - just like you would for Ext HD.
  4. Hint: Take pics of the process as you remove the old one in case the site's instructions are not comprehensive about that.
  5. Drop the new one in and power up.
  6. Reload your Operating CD and start loading your programs and check for updates.
  7. Reload your documents copies to Ext HD.
  8. Defrag.
Hehe, step 6 can be a long process but you may well find yourself loading only the ones you want. You may well notice a significant increase in operating speed. Some reload their OS & programs yearly just for that.

You may be able to simple add an extra HD to your desktop tower. For either, there may be other good brands, but many swear that Western Digital is the only one to buy.

Yeah, that's a large part of the 27,000 pics I supposedly have loaded, altho in my case I deleted some albums to reload. The counter included all pics ever loaded, even if deleted.

I can't imagine why you can't change your Adobe Elements default email. You may have to join their free support forum to fix that.....??

Just viewed the link for Screen Hunter. Getting into an area of computer here where I am out of my depths completely. Not sure exactly what you are saying to do in Add/Remove. I'll print things out, and read and play around later. Previously I've linked 2 machines and moved programs and files over to protect them, but the only time I ever re loaded programs completely was with a Dell service rep on the other end of a phone line.

You know for all the times I've been inside one of the desktop computers I have never considered working on one of our laptops. Watched a Dell technician doing a warrentee service call once on my laptop, when he fried the Hard Drive. I do mean fried; nasty smell those burning electronics make! That convinced me to keep my hands out of my laptop!

I think I'll get my teenage son involved, and he and I will go threw all the ideas you've given me and play with our computers together. A 15 yr old tech student has no fear of computers and as a jewelry repairman I like to see what makes things work. Hey...what could possibly go wrong?:D

(Even mistakes create new learning oportunities!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom