Photo Gallery Issues...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You very rarely are on SB :D. If one person is having a problem, it is always likely that someone else is as well. At least the Photo Count problem is a small one.

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 0x95 -quality 80 -geometry 0x95 '/home/zephyr/public_html/gallery/data/500/thumbs/After1.jpg'

And me!

It is minor compared with all the real problems I've encountered trying to post pics this last week or so! Steve, both you and DandyDon have been a big help, even if the site is fighting me every step of the way.

It gets frustrating when I can't be sure if there is a mistake in my proceedures, or if it is the SB Photo Gallery site eating, rejecting or otherwise messing up the uploads!!!

At times I have thought perhaps the SB Phot Gallery was actually a Monster on a diet and rejecting the photos rather than eating them.

cookie-monster-diet.jpg

You very rarely are on SB :D. If one person is having a problem, it is always likely that someone else is as well. At least the Photo Count problem is a small one.
Yes, but the Gallery has lonnnng been one of frustration and I have to wonder if any staff even read the Gallery forum from the length of time some posts had no replies? Looking at the number of views for this thread, I kinda doubt it.

I know that SB is severely limited by what can be done to a V-board program. V-board galleries is infamous for being mangy dogs. I personally know a few V-boards, but none of the others have a gallery. If anything, they use image host sites that are much friendlier, altho advertising supported - and some with some ads you don't want on your screen. :shocked2:

Yahoo closed theirs, making Flickr famous; Google has it's Picasa; I kinda like the one AOL recommend when AOL closed theirs. I hate not supporting SB Gallery as it is a benefit to SB to have it, but damn...!

Just viewed the link for Screen Hunter. Getting into an area of computer here where I am out of my depths completely. Not sure exactly what you are saying to do in Add/Remove. I'll print things out, and read and play around later. Previously I've linked 2 machines and moved programs and files over to protect them, but the only time I ever re loaded programs completely was with a Dell service rep on the other end of a phone line.
OMG. You never add programs or delete any? I think the Add/Remove programs on your control panel is a hold over name from the days of ancient computer science when programs may have actually been added there as I have never seen a way to Add one there. It should be renamed just Remove programs, but I think all Windows systems still label it Add/Remove.

The Screen Hunter is just a simple program to shoot screen shots, easier to use than the one you already have in Paint on your Windows system. I originally paid $20 for one, but like that one better and it's free. Once you add it, you Configure it to load screen shots how and where you want.

Getting back to Add/Remove programs: I mentioned that only as a place to see what programs you have on your machine as they'd all need to be replaced after replacing your internal hard drive and reloading the Operating System - one of the CDs that came with your laptop.

With your experience level, past interest in learning computers, etc - it might be safer to pay a professional to do that, but I learned when I was new to computers. You could.
You know for all the times I've been inside one of the desktop computers I have never considered working on one of our laptops. Watched a Dell technician doing a warrentee service call once on my laptop, when he fried the Hard Drive. I do mean fried; nasty smell those burning electronics make! That convinced me to keep my hands out of my laptop!
Odd?

Which laptop do you have? Is it under warranty?

This might be a good source of instructions on how to work on one, but Dell may well have better ones on their site. Repair4Laptop: How to Upgrade, Repair, Disassemble a DELL Laptop or Notebook

Looking at one link there at how to replace a hard drive on one model, it looks easier than my HP, and you may have room to just add a second one without pulling the first one?! Sweet! I take issue with one omission on the instructions there tho; it mentions unplugging the laptop but fails to mention removing the battery. :no:
I think I'll get my teenage son involved, and he and I will go threw all the ideas you've given me and play with our computers together. A 15 yr old tech student has no fear of computers and as a jewelry repairman I like to see what makes things work. Hey...what could possibly go wrong?:D

(Even mistakes create new learning oportunities!)
You work on jewelry and you're afraid of a computer? What's wrong with this picture?

My pre-computer repair experiences were extensive on the farm, but they involved sockets greater than 1" usually, large hammers, etc. Learned then to lay out the parts carefully in the order removed making a long line of parts at times, but that was before cheap digital cameras. Taking pics of the process is also a good record for immediate review.

I think they do read the forum but some of the threads are somewhat similar to other threads and they therefore have to choose which to respond to (sort of like the link I posted earlier...they had posted to another person but not to me). They are good and I know the Gallery has had some issues recently so I am sure they are working hard on it and know what is posted here even if they have not responded.

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 0x95 -quality 80 -geometry 0x95 '/home/zephyr/public_html/gallery/data/514/thumbs/sbIMG_0104.jpg'

seems to still be an issue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom