Philippines - where, oh where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So ..are the folks still planning on traveling in the wake of CoronaVirus?

P

So ..are the folks still planning on traveling in the wake of CoronaVirus?
P
If you are talking Philippines then it is NO. No flight between HK and Philippines at least until 29th Feb. If flight is resumed then the answer is YES. I did not stop travel even at the peak of SARS in 2003. However, at that time NO travelling ban was issued to anyone travelling from HK.

There was a report on CNN today where one of the talking heads was saying that it may be a year before everything settles, he was saying that summer may see a drop in transmissions an a resumption in the fall, just like seasonal flu and for the same reasons.

I just ordered a reusable respirator mask with two sets of p100 filters just in case. Regular filters are not available anywhere in the Philippines and I spend some time shopping and was only able to buy a 10 pack of cheap surgical masks which are just about useless.

I was planning an April trip to PP hence the question. If the drop-off for the epidemic is going to be a long-tail phenomenon, I may have to reconsider ...

P

There was a report on CNN today where one of the talking heads was saying that it may be a year before everything settles, he was saying that summer may see a drop in transmissions an a resumption in the fall, just like seasonal flu and for the same reasons.

I just ordered a reusable respirator mask with two sets of p100 filters just in case. Regular filters are not available anywhere in the Philippines and I spend some time shopping and was only able to buy a 10 pack of cheap surgical masks which are just about useless.
Wearing a respirator in Pinoy's summer? You cannot be serious.
Surgical mask is all you need unless you are in close contact with an carrier/patient.
Stock up the surgical mask if you are worried. Change it every 4 hrs and never ever touch the outside or inside of it once it has been used. Disposed of it properly and Pinoy's way of littering is NO.
Wash your hands regularly before touching your eyes, mouth, eating etc etc. Personal hygiene
and be considerate especially if you need to cough or sneeze.

All people who have been in HK Macau Taiwan or China including transit passengers are now banned from traveling to the Philippines.

Wearing a respirator in Pinoy's summer? You cannot be serious.
Surgical mask is all you need unless you are in close contact with an carrier/patient.

I would only wear it when out in public and then only if there was a significant infection where I was, right now I am just being prepared. Even now masks, even the cheap disposable surgical masks are getting difficult to get.

As far as N95 or better forget any disposable ones being available here at retail. My guess is that any that come into the country will quickly get sidetracked to sell at a premium and never make the retail shelves.

This is a half face respirator, I have worn full face respirators for asbestos removal project in boiler rooms after the insulation has been removed. A half face mask to go grocery shopping for an hour or less a day is not a problem, not comfortable but not a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom