Philippines - where, oh where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wearing a respirator in Pinoy's summer? You cannot be serious.
Surgical mask is all you need unless you are in close contact with an carrier/patient.
Stock up the surgical mask if you are worried. Change it every 4 hrs and never ever touch the outside or inside of it once it has been used. Disposed of it properly and Pinoy's way of littering is NO.
Wash your hands regularly before touching your eyes, mouth, eating etc etc. Personal hygiene
and be considerate especially if you need to cough or sneeze.
Well said

If a travel advisory for your destination had been issued by your home government prior to the departute, the travel medical insurance won't cover you.
Leaving in two weeks for Pp (at least this is the plan for now)

Just booked 2 1/2 weeks in RoP in November with family. More people die every year of the flu here in the states.
I may be an idiot but not really worried about the coronavirus. Now, when they announce that people are turning into zombies, WHOLE different story.
Right now we are planning on 3 days in Coron to stay with friend of friends and dive some wrecks. After that looking at Malapascua or El Nido for beachiness and food for wife and kids. I'm the only diver but everyone else snorkels and enjoys beach time.
Suggestions are welcome, especially for diver operations.

I just booked tickets for two weeks in the Philippines three weeks from now. Going to start my tech training (TDI AN/DP+sidemount) at Liquid Dumaguete.

Good choice, I did 3 specialties there in December and they are pretty good.

Say Hi to Rachel for me.

Thanks very much, Centrals - my flight's actually already booked, to Manila. Why do you say March is too early to dive Tubbataha? Currents, etc?

How is the fish life on the Coron wrecks? I've read that while the wrecks themselves are great, the marine life isn't anything too special.

I was put off Moalboal a little as from what I've read it sounded like a bit of a dive factory - but maybe I'm wrong on that score?

Also, I thought if I headed back to Cebu I could get a ferry from there to Leyte, and it might not be too bad a journey... But maybe I'm wrong.

Too many questions, ha ha!

Many thanks again.
Moalboal is laid back. But a lot of dive shops are there. Depends on the dive shop you choose. The budget ones... are just what they are lol. The more commercial ones. Are pretty exclusive with few divers on the boat.

Salaya Beach Houses was quiet, beautiful, great food, and much less than Atmosphere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom