• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Philippines - where, oh where?

Discussion in 'Philippine Paradise Divers' started by Pelicanne, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Centrals

Centrals Barangay Pasaway

# of Dives:
    I have been to Sogod Bay on few occasions and did not recall ever share a site with another dive boat.
    The night dive at the jetty could be different because it is only available at certain days of the week. But it is a very shallow dive ie. no deeper than 10m.
    BTW, I believe Peter's has dorm bed for P400.00 per night but not sure if it is still available!

Blueringocto_73 and Pelicanne like this.
  2. jaseUK666

jaseUK666 Contributor

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I did the sardines as a shore dive from Cebu Dive Centre. It was just me and the guide. Didn't see anybody else.

On the boat dives, there were normally a couple of boats, not much more.

3. Barmaglot

Barmaglot Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Napaling at Panglao had an impressive school of sardines as well, and not nearly as many divers as Panagsama Beach at Moalboal. There were cliff jumpers there, but they did not interfere with diving.

4. Pelicanne

Pelicanne Solo Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Yes, I think they do, or at a very similar price!

Blueringocto_73 likes this.
  5. Jordan23

Jordan23 Contributor

can u please tell me more? (i dived in sabang and anileo and got adicted for muck macro) how is it compare to sabang PG?
    thanks

6. ncscuba23

ncscuba23 Registered

how was the Atmosphere resort?

Blueringocto_73 and slippy_lolo like this.
  7. Luko

Luko Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Atmosphere as a resort is wonderful. One of the best I’ve been anywhere, it’s a mix of luxury and coolness. I doubt anyone could question their grounds, the bungalows or the breakfast choice.
    Probably the best choice in the Phils for a mix of diving and non diving guests.

Now for the diving I can’t complain I’ve been guided fairly well but I still don’t think it’s worth the price compared to the many excellent options in Dauin.

Blueringocto_73 and saila like this.
  8. rexman24

rexman24 Contributor

I am always on a budget there. Get to Cebu-you can choose from Cebu, Malapasqua, Moalboal, Oslob, Dauin, Apo Island, Siquijor, Alona beach, Balicasag and Cabilao. They all easy and cheap to reach. I have been to all except Malapasqua. They each offer something special about them.

9. Rickk

Rickk Contributor

I just spent a month in the area. I went to several dive shops to ask about price and diving.

At Atmosphere I got the impression it was a luxury resort, nice landscaped grounds, all good high quality outdoor furniture.

The cheapest dive price was a 20 dive package at 48,000 p ( just under $US1,000) Other places offered multi dive packages for 1,100 p or so per dive, less than half. The courses I wanted were also about twice the cost at other resorts. Now I don't doubt that it would be valet diving, they would do everything for me, mount the gear, rinse and clean it after. I don't know about you, but I prefer to set up my own gear and to do the after dive maintenance myself. I know how I want it set up and simply consider all that part of the hobby and want to do it myself.

They also said, with noses high in the air, that they were the best. What really killed it for me there was that they said that guests would have priority over me a non guest. I asked if that meant that if i had booked and confirmed a dive and guests came along 5 minutes before the dive would I be allowed to dive. The response was yes, I could be geared up, walking to the boat and if a guest wanted my slot, at the last minute, I would be out of luck.

If you were a guest, cost was not much of a consideration and you like the idea of valet diving then they would be a good place. Just not for me.

Ended at Liquid Dumaguete, nice friendly dive operation and I ended up on many dives with a private guide at no additional cost. They had the guides and either no one wanted to dive with me or they thought that my skills level did not match up with the others on the boat.

10. Centrals

Centrals Barangay Pasaway

# of Dives:
    Good choice.