Phi Phi Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey All!

I've got some friends that are going to be able to do a little diving around Phi Phi Island soon.

So, what are the MUST do dives?

Thanks so much!!!

I haven't checked my dive log for the dives I did there in 2001, but I thoroughly enjoyed the two weeks I spent on the island.

Thanks! I pass this info on. What kind of dives are these?

DrBill: from one island to another, cool

Yes, I too liked the Bidas. But then I enjoyed almost every site as I remember. The King Cruizer was a waste of my time, but primarily because my DM misread the tide tables and we hit it during peak current... which reduced vis substantially and even blew us off the wreck once. I have heard good things about it under the right conditions.

Yes, I too liked the Bidas. But then I enjoyed almost every site as I remember. The King Cruizer was a waste of my time, but primarily because my DM misread the tide tables and we hit it during peak current... which reduced vis substantially and even blew us off the wreck once. I have heard good things about it under the right conditions.

I had a similar experience before but I have just been to Ao Nang Krabi and dived with Keith Attwood of Manta Point Diving and we were the only ones on the wreck (6 of us) and the tide/viz was spot on.:D

I did the King Cruiser under perfect conditions.Great easy dive.As for the rest I can't remember all those funny names but I did remember that the diving was surprisingly good(don't know why but I didn't expect much...well,I never expect much:wink:).Lots of leopard sharks,some black tips and plenty of sea snakes.
I enjoyed my stay on the island very,very much,but it was 2002 so I don't know what it's like now.

+1 Koh Bida -- had some great dives there in February

also liked Ko Ha

King Cruiser can be done from Phuket, but Koh Bida is only for Phi Phi (and Lanta).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom