Racha Island Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noserider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am planning a Christmas trip to Thailand, liveaboard for Similians booked with Big Blue, then I have 5 days on Racha, before 7 days on Phi Phi. Was looking at diving on Racha and it seems like there is only 1 dive operation on the island at The Racha Resort with 5 star pricing THB9,000 for 3 dives. Is there any other dive schools on the island or will any of the phuket operators do a pick up on Racha?

it looks like The Racha Dives are about 3 times more than dives in Koh Phi Phi, can anyone help?

Stay on Phi Phi and avoid Racha. You dive many of the same divesites anyway.
Unfortunately the non diving other half has called a few days of luxury, on racha

Diving in Racha is very very ordinary.

5 days of Phi Phi and 7 days at Koh Lanta.
12 days between Lanta, Lipe and Phi Phi.

So have reduced the stay on Racha and will probably give diving a miss o this island, unless someone has glowing reports that it is worth it

Couldn't you dump the other half at a luxe hotel in Phuket, while you do day boat dives to Rachas/King Cruiser/Anemone Reef/Doc Mai? The cost for 3 dives, hotel pick-up and drop-off, and 2 meals and snacks is 3500-4000 THB a day.

Couldn't you dump the other half at a luxe hotel in Phuket, while you do day boat dives to Rachas/King Cruiser/Anemone Reef/Doc Mai? The cost for 3 dives, hotel pick-up and drop-off, and 2 meals and snacks is 3500-4000 THB a day.
Tried and failed on that suggestion, its cool

Racha is pretty good for snorkeling, I've actually seen a lot more interesting stuff snorkeling then diving. Just keep an eye out for boat traffic and currents if you move further offshore.

Racha is pretty good for snorkeling, I've actually seen a lot more interesting stuff snorkeling then diving. Just keep an eye out for boat traffic and currents if you move further offshore.
thanks Paddy, great info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom