Petrel Bungee thingy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Oldbear,

Yes, I work for Shearwater. I will see about updating my signature. I didn't realize it was incomplete.

Lynn

Doh. I'm not sure why I typed predator. Petrels. I just got two petrels. I have some kind of wierd mental block with the name. :(

I found a larger bungie helped a lot. The stuff I had on my backup Petrel was probably 9-10mm in diameter and barely fit through the holes in the adaptor strips. No signs of the knots pulling through with it.

I didn't have good luck with any size bungee. Too small and it pulls through the hole, too large and it's not stretchy enough IMO. I went back the clipped bands and after a small learning curve to figure out how to best clip them with dry gloves gloves on, I've been perfectly happy with them. I'm going to stick with them.

I did this, a bit of a pain. It goes over my dry glove rings well though. 20140615_174917.jpg

How are these various concoctions improvements over the stock Petral straps? I think they're well designed and robust. They're also infinitely adjustable and work equally well on my drysuit with cuff-rings and my 3mm south suit.

The buckles seem solid, and there's two of them anyway...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom