"Permanent" bootle foot? Exist ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_dragon_no1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there anything aftermarket that is a better solution that the rubber ones ? Or diy ? Even something of metal would be ok, i dive with twin 7l x 300bar. Euro cylinder. Just a taught :)

Sent from Tapatalk using Samsung S4.

Is there anything aftermarket that is a better solution that the rubber ones ? Or diy ? Even something of metal would be ok, i dive with twin 7l x 300bar. Euro cylinder. Just a taught :)

(Also posted in the diy section)

What's wrong with the hard plastic tank boots? I prefer no boot at all for various reasons, but if you want one they seem to work just fine. Maybe you could cast and hammer on a lead boot if you were really head-heavy and still needed massive drysuit weight :wink:

Boots, not foots yeah :wink: Well everyone know that they collect lots of saltwater.. thats why :) and i just in general just dont like the rubber boots that fits these bottles.. seems there is only soft rubber boots for these made(?) yesterday i discovered multible tears in them, so had to cut lots of them to make them still work well.
Yeah i wish i didn't need boots at all, but there is a few reasons why i do "need" them :) lead boots would be ok in fact! Haha have to use 10kg weight belt anyways so :wink:

---------- Post added February 15th, 2014 at 02:01 AM ----------

(And the ones i have is just around a year old)

Not sure what's available in Norway, but in the US the boots tend to be made of a hard black plastic. I've only seen a tank boot split or tear when it's hammered onto a tank a size too large (like a 6.9" boot on a 7.25" tank) or onto an older, non-standard sized tank.

The boots we have here are very open at the bottom, so the salt water trapping is really more a function of having any kind of boot attached to the tank without a watertight seal. Maybe you could epoxy on a boot and keep water away that way...but knocking the boots off every several dives and giving the tanks a good rinse has to be easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom