Trip Report Blue Angel Resort trip report Feb. 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since the last round of hurricanes, the shore dive is very different from before. Not necessarily bad, but quite different.
Do you mean since last year's hurricane season or since Wilma? Wilma did a number on the sea fans that used to be out there, but in recent years I have been seeing them starting to make a comeback.

Last year's storms. Still a good dive, just different.
I will see for myself in April/May, but I don't expect the change will be as much as what I saw before and after Wilma.

You got me there, Gunn. My first of 36 trips there was in November 2005, 3 weeks after Wilma left. Enjoy your trip!!
I have been to Cozumel many times since 1978, but I have lost count of the exact number. I dove Cozumel in May of 2005 and January of 2006; the change to most of the shallow reefs wrought by Wilma was dramatic. The shore dive south from Blue Angel used to have a lot of sea fans but the storm washed them all away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom