Perdix Swift Transmitter location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sulwh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, does it matter which side of my first stage the transmitter goes on? I have two HP ports: one on my right side next to my second stage hose, and one on my left side next to my octo hose.

Hi, does it matter which side of my first stage the transmitter goes on? I have two HP ports: one on my right side next to my second stage hose, and one on my left side next to my octo hose.
Usually not. But depending on your first stage and arm length and tank position, you might get fewer drop outs on one side or the other. I prefer it on the left side so it is not near the tank valve....for tank handling by DMs on boats.

I’ve had fewer dropouts on the left side, closer and more direct to the computer on my left wrist.

I was going to mount the transmitter directly to the first stage...would the short hose better?
Personal preference and I guess who handles your gear (some might confuse it for a valve). I have mine on a short hose, but it just tucks it away a little behind the wing.

I mount mine on a 6" HP hose.

It is "floppy" and not a HARD attachment so it is less apt to get "whacked" if I hit something above me.

I also do that because I sometimes move the transmitters between rigs - whether to my CCR, sidemount or back-mount rig. This saves fiddling with the actual connection on the transmitter because I use the HP hose connection to dis and re-connect.

I mount directly to the first, on the left side, I use two Teric’s and haven’t had an issue with dropout on one side or the other.

I mount mine on my right side (left looking at my kit) directly to the 1st stage. The transmitter points down and fits into a protected space underneath the tank valve. I wear my Perdix AI on my left wrist and my Perdix 2 on my right wrist. I've had zero issues with drop out on either computer. I do ever so rarely get a conflict on one of the computers but the signal returns in about 3-5 seconds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom